DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

I don't know at what point you guys will realize you should be rushing back to .400
I assume the big oh crap moment will be when DJI removes that version and people are stuck.
Ask yourself what features does .600 have that .400 does not have?

Rob
I know a lot of people have had the most success with .400, but if .550 didn't have any issues for you is there any incentive to going back to .400?

I don't know at what point you guys will realize you should be rushing back to .400
I assume the big oh crap moment will be when DJI removes that version and people are stuck.
Ask yourself what features does .600 have that .400 does not have?
As a foreign I don't want to be mean or missundertood, but you said the words I'd want to say.
Why the rush for upgrade? Why the need for so many features if most of all barely uses a couple of them? Since .0400 we all are in the field of unpredictability.
Bug fixes and improvements are all welcome anytime but not new features at this moment. Why test this or that if you can lose your toy?
I'm not preaching any fear or trying to spread paranoia. And I know most of the audience of this community is far older than me (I'm 40) but we're talking about a flying device that could hurt others.

Reactions: D700 and M4RK
I'm assuming you'll have to downgrade firmware to solve the problem but let me know if you find a solution.
I had "NFZ Limit" warning at my office. After I've got home, 4 km. away from my office, the message was gone. I haven't tried some other places.
But to be sure, I downgraded to .0400 (I think it's stable for me) So far, no problem. Will test at my office again.

I know a lot of people have had the most success with .400, but if .550 didn't have any issues for you is there any incentive to going back to .400?

.500 was when they started to implement the new NFZ code (Most of the release notes for it are about NFZ).

After that update I had lots of "Low NFZ Database" messages popping up on my screen. So yes something changed after .400 and who knows how deep it runs.

As a foreign I don't want to be mean or missundertood, but you said the words I'd want to say.
Why the rush for upgrade? Why the need for so many features if most of all barely uses a couple of them? Since .0400 we all are in the field of unpredictability.
Bug fixes and improvements are all welcome anytime but not new features at this moment. Why test this or that if you can lose your toy?
I'm not preaching any fear or trying to spread paranoia. And I know most of the audience of this community is far older than me (I'm 40) but we're talking about a flying device that could hurt others.

Yes I agree. After .400 we had the Chinese Drone operator filming Jets and then the Canadian drone laws. I agree we are in a area of uncertainty as to what it is that DJI is doing in order to police the use of our drones. Once you go past .400 your in new territory that we do not understand. Anyway people will always upgrade, even when the obvious downsides are right in front of them.

Rob

After upgrading to the .600 firmware I have the same NFZ Limit error when inside . Here it happens when receiving a limited number of satellites 5 or 6 which is just not enough to go into GPS Mode . When the number of satellites is 4 or less the NFZ Limit error stops and we go into ATTI Mode . I can clearly observe the switching from ATTI mode to NFZ Error when the number of satellites changes from 4 to 5 or the reverse.

Dan.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Hello .. Soory for me bad english .But i have Same problem.I live in Bulgaria. .after firmware update and dji go 4 update yesterday .Every time when i power on Mavic .phone says Cannot take off ..And in RC display write NFZ Limit .
in new feature find my drone .i see that aircraft is in China (Chenzen) ..And can take off.. till Not have good GPS and till aircraft not display in my real position in Bulgaria ?? May be this is some bug in DGI Go 4app ??
Did this can resolved ??? Thanks

Nasko, I had more or less the same. Just leave all gear switched on (without trying to fly) for about half an hour or so. To me the NFZ message disappeared after a while by itself.

This input is great. What we need to do is nail down the problem and understand it.
Can people on .0600 please give me the following info.

1) Does the "NFZ limit" only happen just after the update and never again?

2) If it happens again does it only happen when you have no GPS lock?

3) Can you fly in ATTI mode indoors. (Just try to lift off without the props on)

4) Is it a question of keeping the Mavic ON or is it getting GPS signal that removed the NFZ message.

5) Has anyone had the message pop up while they had GPS lock?

Rob

This input is great. What we need to do is nail down the problem and understand it.

3) Can you fly in ATTI mode indoors. (Just try to lift off without the props on)

4) Is it a question of keeping the Mavic ON or is it getting GPS signal that removed the NFZ message.

Rob

Rob ,

1) NFZ Limit happened after the update and still after.
2) With me it happens when tracking 5 to 7 satellites just not enough for GPS Mode. When reception drops to only 4 or less
satellites system going in ATTI - Mode .
3) Tried with props off seems normal.
4) In my case : very low GPS signal removes NFZ message and enough signal for GPS Mode removes NFZ message.
5) Had no message pop up with GPS lock.

Regards and thanks
Dan.

Reactions: Mr Spock

Rob

Android here on K1 Shield still on Marshmallow. Mavic on .600

I updated last night and had the same NFZ problem. I couldn't fly until the sats locked on. I flew for about 15 minutes after GPS lock without issue.

Today, I updated to the latest Go.4 , and I can fly in Opti. No NFZ warning or lock down. I flew just fine, the Mavic was stable..I was able to hit 38mph in Sport but I didn't run it out that far and I've got some wind this evening. I was able to cancel landing with up left stick.

So are you guys saying that you just cannot take off in ATTI mode at all?
I wonder what happens if your in mid air and it goes into ATTI mode??

Rob

Reactions: dlopezjurado
So are you guys saying that you just cannot take off in ATTI mode at all?
I wonder what happens if your in mid air and it goes into ATTI mode??

Rob
I've already downgraded but last night I was never presented with atti or opti, either NFZ or GPS. Normally inside my house I get atti.

I've already downgraded but last night I was never presented with atti or opti, either NFZ or GPS. Normally inside my house I get atti.

Wow that is simply amazing if its true for everyone.

Rob

Cant you just turn off the geo setting and not worry about it?
The OP said they had no Geo option in their settings. Can anyone else clarify/confirm whether it's now not possible to turn off the Geo system in the app?

Certainly pleased I rolled back recently to .400, and not planning to update any time soon. Apart from some reports of a better gimbal leveling behaviour I haven't seen anything new in .600 other than fixing stuff that .500 and .550 broke.

The OP said they had no Geo option in their settings. Can anyone else clarify/confirm whether it's now not possible to turn off the Geo system in the app?

Certainly pleased I rolled back recently to .400, and not planning to update any time soon. Apart from some reports of a better gimbal leveling behaviour I haven't seen anything new in .600 other than fixing stuff that .500 and .550 broke.
I believe geo reappeared in the settings once it switched into GPS mode. I can't confirm that though.

I would love to hear more on this subject.
If the Mavic can only go into NFZ and GPS mode it means that with no GPS signal the Mavic is dead!
Is there any other drone on the market that cannot take off in ATTI mode?

Rob

It seems Without GPS, NFZ happen randomly and after GPS lock, NFZ is gone.
But what happen if we can take off and temporary lost GPS signal?
Is there a chance that NFZ message happen in midair?
I'm worrying that it might go into landing mode if that happen.

Android here on K1 Shield still on Marshmallow. Mavic on .600

I updated last night and had the same NFZ problem. I couldn't fly until the sats locked on. I flew for about 15 minutes after GPS lock without issue.

Today, I updated to the latest Go.4 , and I can fly in Opti. No NFZ warning or lock down. I flew just fine, the Mavic was stable..I was able to hit 38mph in Sport but I didn't run it out that far and I've got some wind this evening. I was able to cancel landing with up left stick.

So Malavic your saying once you use the latest version of GO4 that the Mavic returns to normal and ATTI and Opti modes work as before?

If that is the case would it mean that they have now dissabled the ability of the remote itself to take off the craft unless the phones NFZ database is loaded and checked against the phones GPS system.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: M4rco
Bloody mess this firmware business is I tell you. Question now that I am on the latest go 4 app can I still fly everything perfect in .400 firmware. If so I will downgrade. Cheers

Bloody mess this firmware business is I tell you. Question now that I am on the latest go 4 app can I still fly everything perfect in .400 firmware. If so I will downgrade. Cheers

Just beware that some of the buttons/short cuts using the newer DJI Go 4 app may not work with the older firmware... I remember that there was a time I was on an older firmware, but I didn't disable the auto update for DJI Go 4, and after one of the automatic updates, the C1/C2 and the 5 way buttons no longer worked on the remote.

If you have an Android phone, I would advice downloading the DJI Go 4 V4.0.3 apk and installing, then disabling the auto update in the Google Playstore. I'm on the .400 firmware with DJI Go 4 V4.0.3 app on android, and I intend to stay right there unless DJI issues a new firmware that allows manually switching to ATTI mode..

Reactions: jpbecker2112

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77