DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

New versions of DJI Go 4 may not work with older firmware. I remember upgrading the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware on the Mavic/controller previously, and the C1, C2 and 5 way button stopped working in the controller. Everything could only be done in the DJI Go 4 app. The DJI Go 4 app actually controls some of the buttons in the RC controller, so I would be wary of flying the Mavic with a new version of the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware.

BTW, the correct version of the DJI Go 4 app for Android for .400 firmware is DJI Go 4 version 4.0.3..
Given that I used DJI assistant 2 to downgrade both the controller and aircraft last night, I'm not sure you're correct on that last point.

Are you referring to only IOS?

Other software is available [emoji14]

67a7d84a65616cebfa93adce45cb9635.jpg

downgraded both to 0.400
NFZ is gone, I can take off immediately
Also got android app 4.0.3

Now... how can I get an older iOS app ?

Given that I used DJI assistant 2 to downgrade both the controller and aircraft last night, I'm not sure you're correct on that last point.

Are you referring to only IOS?

Other software is available [emoji14]

67a7d84a65616cebfa93adce45cb9635.jpg

My last point was simply to state that the DJI Go 4 version 4.0.3 was the version available on Android when firmware .400 was available, and therefore, everything in the DJI Go 4 v4.0.3 will work well with firmware .400...

There is no guarantee that up to date versions of DJI Go 4 will continue working with firmware .400 as I have personally experienced, using an updated DJI Go 4 app with an older firmware. Newer DJI Go 4 apps will have additional functions, e.g. fixed wing mode on the latest version, that is not supported by .400 firmware, and this could possibly cause issues with the C1, C2 and 5 way buttons on the remote controller, and possibly, other unpredictable problems in flight..

Reactions: Mr Spock and ge0kas
My last point was simply to state that the DJI Go 4 version 4.0.3 was the version available on Android when firmware .400 was available, and therefore, everything in the DJI Go 4 v4.0.3 will work well with firmware .400...

There is no guarantee that up to date versions of DJI Go 4 will continue working with firmware .400 as I have personally experienced, using an updated DJI Go 4 app with an older firmware. Newer DJI Go 4 apps will have additional functions, e.g. fixed wing mode on the latest version, that is not supported by .400 firmware, and this could possibly cause issues with the C1, C2 and 5 way buttons on the remote controller, and possibly, other unpredictable problems in flight..
Gotcha.

So you don't forsee a problem with my 4.07?

Thanks.

Hey guys,
If i want to update to .400 FW, and i'm currently on .300 FW, is there a way to upgrade straight to .400 FW? Or do i need to upgrade to .600 first, and then downgrade to .400?
Does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!
yes u can do it from the DJIGO4 app on the first page before u enter "go fly". Click on the top right hand corner the 3 lines for 3 seconds and the downgrade menu appears where u can choose .0400. effectively u will be upgrading and it works do not worry about the "downgrade" term. i did a .0300 to .0400 FW upgrade this way last week.
On my 2nd pic there is no FW number cuz i was not connected to the Mavic, what u will get are 3 available FWs .0600, .0550 and .0400.
The upgrade "downgrade" process here is the same as per normal on the app and u need to have both the RC and AC connected. No DJI assistant is needed and no PC.
What app version are u using by the way?
c3931c654ec6336f230f74305ab26cf0.jpg

0bddd108bd6e61736a2aa5702c811268.jpg

Last edited:
New versions of DJI Go 4 may not work with older firmware. I remember upgrading the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware on the Mavic/controller previously, and the C1, C2 and 5 way button stopped working in the controller. Everything could only be done in the DJI Go 4 app. The DJI Go 4 app actually controls some of the buttons in the RC controller, so I would be wary of flying the Mavic with a new version of the DJI Go 4 app without upgrading the firmware.

BTW, the correct version of the DJI Go 4 app for Android for .400 firmware is DJI Go 4 version 4.0.3..
based on what is the 4.0.3 DJIGO4 app version the correct one for FW .0400? i got 4.0.4 and i was wondering if it was the best one to use with .0400 FW

based on what is the 4.0.3 DJIGO4 app version the correct one for FW .0400? i got 4.0.4 and i was wondering if it was the best one to use with .0400 FW

I believe DJI updated the NFZ starting from 4.0.4 onwards. The last version before the NFZ updates was v4.0.3, which is what I'm continuing to use.

Which one exactly?
2d3cf14a9f4fcc923c930f598926364b.jpg

For my Samsung Galaxy S7, I downloaded and installed dji.go.v4_4.0.3-20212....apk

APKMirror has different versions for different processors/screen density/etc., but for this app, it seems that both are basically the same, so either apk should work.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Gotcha.

So you don't forsee a problem with my 4.07?

Thanks.

v4.0.7 already supports new functions that are not available in .400, e.g. fixed wing mode. If possible, it would probably be best to downgrade the app to v4.0.3.. The only way to see if v4.0.7 works properly with .400 firmware is to test out all functions one by one... There's no telling if it will still work...

no u dont... and u dont need the assistant ether

You don't need it if you update via the app but you do need it if your updating via the PC. If you look at the update problem threads the vast majority of people ran into failed updates using the App.
Very few people have update freezing issues when they use DJI Assistant 2. I have never had an issue upgrading or down grading with it and it's also the faster method.

Rob

You don't need it if you update via the app but you do need it if your updating via the PC. If you look at the update problem threads the vast majority of people ran into failed updates using the App.
Very few people have update freezing issues when they use DJI Assistant 2. I have never had an issue upgrading or down grading with it and it's also the faster method.

Rob
of course you need the assistant to upgrade via PC. What was metioned here was that the only way to get from version 0300 was only via assistant and first to 0600 then downgrade to 0400. That is not true. U dont need the assistant visavis u can do it with the app like i indicated too (easyer this way in my book) and u dont need to jump to 0600 u can do a "downgrade" that effectively is an upgrade from 0300 to 0400 for instance.
on the issues reported on app vs assistant/PC upgrade u r right however i personally never experienced any issues using the app to upgrade, it works fine 100%.

Last edited:
I believe DJI updated the NFZ starting from 4.0.4 onwards. The last version before the NFZ updates was v4.0.3, which is what I'm continuing to use.
i have used FW 0400 with app 4.0.5 on android never had any NFZ issue. but i followed your advice and downgraded to 4.0.3 since i rewd that this was the app version at the time of the 0400

can someone confirm with facts that DJIGO4 adroid app 4.0.3 was the version that was out during FW .0400?

I am using .550 with no issues, and I am no longer getting the message to update the firmware to .600. I just thought that DJI realized there was an issue with .600 and stoped requesting the update.
I am still on .550 also, and when I flew this morning I did not get the 'firmware update' message as I have been getting since .600 was released. Perhaps I ignored it enough, or they pulled it due to this issue.

Last edited:
This default to China in my opinion is in direct response to the posts about using heavy gauge tin foil to block off the GPS and fly the Mavic in Atti mode outdoors. I think DJI is really worried that people are going to use this method to get into NFZ areas and fly their Mavics. It makes sense since now it's impossible to do that unless you go far away from a NFZ get GPS lock then cover it with the foil and drive with the drone powered until you reach the location. Even then we have heard of some weird stuff happening. So its possible the IMU may relay to the on board CPU that you have traveled too far from the last known location and refuse to take off again.

If I was a DJI tech that's exactly how I would solve the problem.

Rob
You don't really think DJI cares about you modifying the drone so you can circumvent the NFZ do you? That kind of action puts the legal aspects squarely on YOU, not them. The only reason the have the NFZ's at all is so they can point to it and say "Look at us, we are doing our part to keep them safe" This is just a glitch in the firmware, wait, they will correct it in due course, the wheels of industry turn slowly.

I downgraded mavic and rc to .0400, and downgraded my samsung galaxy s7 to 4.0.3 but for some reason, I can't get my Nvidia shield K1 to that version. it keeps telling me the file is corrupted. I've tried both versions and definitely allowed 3rd party software (despite the warnings from my device that I will immediately be sucked into a black hole and be stretched into infinity). It's weird because it's the same file that worked on my phone. Anyone else having this issue and find a work-around?

I downgraded mavic and rc to .0400, and downgraded my samsung galaxy s7 to 4.0.3 but for some reason, I can't get my Nvidia shield K1 to that version. it keeps telling me the file is corrupted. I've tried both versions and definitely allowed 3rd party software (despite the warnings from my device that I will immediately be sucked into a black hole and be stretched into infinity). It's weird because it's the same file that worked on my phone. Anyone else having this issue and find a work-around?
i had an issue where by 4.0.3 apk would not install on my S7 till after removing the previous DJIGO4 app version i had intalled and then performing a reboot on the device. Then i installed the 4.0.3 apk again and it worked. have u tried that? just in case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada