DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit Cannot Take Off After .600 Firmware

Logger - real handy that you're going long distance with your drone, thanks for testing, interested to hear more about this - I'm cautiously considering giving .600 a try for the supposedly improved gimbal calibration but having more information about whether or not there's a "guilty until proven innocent" approach going on here with the NFZ data will be very useful in deciding whether to try it.

I didn't know whether he meant physical stability or software / app stability. I'm always shocked at how stable my Mavic is while in the air - certainly when utilizing VPS. I'm using .4 and it could not be more stable.
I meant app stability ! Sorry. Even with usb debugging turned on the new software would keep crashing.
Video transmission i find really much better too. I just did another 20 min flight and with .5 .55 and .6 I had little issues where when panning and tilting the gimbal I found a few hiccups.

Only issue i find is the gimbal tilt. That seemed to me, when I tested .55 and .6 was better.

Now that I am back on .4 its back.

So when I am up against the horizon since I'm next to the beach, its perfectly straight. When I pan left or right the horizon tilts until I stop panning and then it straightens out.

I'll post two pics one is during the pan and the second after I stop.

26e5cbd7d74bbda7a20ac2f9f2a92646.jpg

1d5aa2d7a955f308c441535d80e3d81b.jpg

Maybe there is a fix for this or its just the way it is?

Thanks guys

Cheers

Malavic post seems to be true. So the new policy is guilty until proven innocent :( That's pretty much the way the legal system works in China so no surprises there.

Rob
I'm gonna stay in .4 forever at this point. No need to upgrade.

I meant app stability ! Sorry. Even with usb debugging turned on the new software would keep crashing.
Video transmission i find really much better too. I just did another 20 min flight and with .5 .55 and .6 I had little issues where when panning and tilting the gimbal I found a few hiccups.

Only issue i find is the gimbal tilt. That seemed to me, when I tested .55 and .6 was better.

Now that I am back on .4 its back.

So when I am up against the horizon since I'm next to the beach, its perfectly straight. When I pan left or right the horizon tilts until I stop panning and then it straightens out.

I'll post two pics one is during the pan and the second after I stop.

26e5cbd7d74bbda7a20ac2f9f2a92646.jpg

1d5aa2d7a955f308c441535d80e3d81b.jpg

Maybe there is a fix for this or its just the way it is?

Thanks guys

Cheers
That kind of sucks but I'll take a tilted scene over a crashed drone or one that won't fly! Haha.

I tested mine with S7 edge attached and saw the same thing. Indoors and with no sats at all. Would allow me to take off in Opti mode. Move to near a window. Once it started so receive GPS signals, "NFZ Limit" on RC & "unable to take off" in Go app. In my test it was receiving 8 Sats, no fix.

Move out doors into middle of open sports field. Initially NFZ limit. As soon it gets a fix, NFZ Limit disappears and good to go. Next step was to fly around for 20 minutes.

HOWEVER - After having complete a 22 min flight the issue appears to have gone away.

Turn it on indoors with no Sats. Opti Mode. Put it near window and it has 8 to 9 Sats. It still says ready to go (Vision) Opti mode. So no longer getting the NFZ Limit restriction.

I am not sure what removed the restriction. Could it have been the flight verifying my actually position? Alternatively, perhaps the missing NFZ List downloaded in the background whilst DJIGo was running.

I will be moving my Mav 3500km across the continent today. So will check again tonight to see if the "NFZ Limit" restriction returns at the new location. If it does not, it would suggest the NFZ list was downloaded to fix the issue. If OTOH "NFZ Limit" appears pre fix at new location it would suggest it is an intended restriction imposed until location confidence it met.

Hi Logger,

I observed exactly the same behavior with my Mavic ( see my message above )
But when I restart my Mavic , same happens again . Restriction is not removed.

Rgds
Dan.

4.06 is what currently gets downloaded..
from the play store..
know of a trusted source for 4.03 apk?

gh

Just beware that some of the buttons/short cuts using the newer DJI Go 4 app may not work with the older firmware... I remember that there was a time I was on an older firmware, but I didn't disable the auto update for DJI Go 4, and after one of the automatic updates, the C1/C2 and the 5 way buttons no longer worked on the remote.

If you have an Android phone, I would advice downloading the DJI Go 4 V4.0.3 apk and installing, then disabling the auto update in the Google Playstore. I'm on the .400 firmware with DJI Go 4 V4.0.3 app on android, and I intend to stay right there unless DJI issues a new firmware that allows manually switching to ATTI mode..

Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I own the Mavic about four weeks, my first drone, i love it. Although i flew several others before..

I also had this NFZ Issue with low GPS signal. In this state of low signal (say 4 to 9 satellites), the Find my Drone feature located mine somwhere in Shenzen, maybe this location is a NFZ Zone, i haven't checked this... But quiet a good distance flight from Germany for one battery ;-).

For me, i was able to resolve this NFZ Warning by downgrading (OTA) to 550 and then upgrading (OTA) to 600 again. But this time with a full GPS signal (17 satellites), both drone and cell phone. Luckily, the problem is gone:). My first upgrade to 600 was indoors with bad or no GPS signal, maybe this caused the issue?

Hope this helps!

Regards

For me, i was able to resolve this NFZ Warning by downgrading (OTA) to 550 and then upgrading (OTA) to 600 again. But this time with a full GPS signal (17 satellites), both drone and cell phone. Luckily, the problem is gone:). My first upgrade to 600 was indoors with bad or no GPS signal, maybe this caused the issue?

Hope this helps!

Regards

This is interesting! I also get the NFZ limit every time until GPS lock (doesn't matter how many times I shutdown the Mavic or transmitter over the last couple of days)... I'll have to try this and see if it works. Did you downgrade/upgrade only on the Mavic or both the Mavic and transmitter (I used DJI Assistant)?

Whoops - Welcome to the forum! I am new too, my 3rd post...

Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I own the Mavic about four weeks, my first drone, i love it. Although i flew several others before..

I also had this NFZ Issue with low GPS signal. In this state of low signal (say 4 to 9 satellites), the Find my Drone feature located mine somwhere in Shenzen, maybe this location is a NFZ Zone, i haven't checked this... But quiet a good distance flight from Germany for one battery ;-).

Hope this helps!

Regards
Thanks for this - it seems plausible that the location during the initial firmware upgrade might be stored and used as a default until a fix is obtained when the drone is powered on in future. If I decide to update to .600 I'll do it outdoors with a good GPS fix.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Hello!

Hope this helps!

Regards

Hi Airview2

Thank you for the information as I have the same NFZ issue.
Instead of downgrading( OTA) to 550 and the upgrading (OTA) to 0600 again would a refresh of 0600 have the same results ??

Thanks

Reactions: Budmancan
No go for me downgrading/upgrading Firmware with GPS lock... Took everything outside in the open with my laptop and, first, acquired GPS and then downgraded to .550 using DJI Assistant 2. With GPS lock, flew it around then landed. Without shutting it off, I hooked up the USB cable and upgraded to .600. After the upgrade, I then shut everything down and went inside and turned everything on. Without GPS, the OPTI mode came on as it normally does. I then moved to a part of the house where I can get GPS. "NFZ LIMIT" displayed and I couldn't start the motors. After about 30 seconds, it acquired GPS and the NFZ message disappeared and all was fine.

I tested mine with S7 edge attached and saw the same thing. Indoors and with no sats at all. Would allow me to take off in Opti mode. Move to near a window. Once it started so receive GPS signals, "NFZ Limit" on RC & "unable to take off" in Go app. In my test it was receiving 8 Sats, no fix.

Move out doors into middle of open sports field. Initially NFZ limit. As soon it gets a fix, NFZ Limit disappears and good to go. Next step was to fly around for 20 minutes.

HOWEVER - After having complete a 22 min flight the issue appears to have gone away.

Turn it on indoors with no Sats. Opti Mode. Put it near window and it has 8 to 9 Sats. It still says ready to go (Vision) Opti mode. So no longer getting the NFZ Limit restriction.

I am not sure what removed the restriction. Could it have been the flight verifying my actually position? Alternatively, perhaps the missing NFZ List downloaded in the background whilst DJIGo was running.

I will be moving my Mav 3500km across the continent today. So will check again tonight to see if the "NFZ Limit" restriction returns at the new location. If it does not, it would suggest the NFZ list was downloaded to fix the issue. If OTOH "NFZ Limit" appears pre fix at new location it would suggest it is an intended restriction imposed until location confidence it met.

So I did the 3500km move across the continent.
Turned on Mavic in new location, again inside a house way from GPS signals ...
Atti Mode (ready to go vision), then moved to near window, 8 Sats.
No sign of the the previous "NFZ Limit" - "unable to take off" message when sats started to appear. So for me the problem has gone away & it did not recurr at the new location as one might expect it would, if it had to run through some location proof check .

So seemingly the missing NFZ List was downloaded in the back ground or something else occurred to fix it when I flew it for 20 minutes yesterday. Either way the problem has gone away and the fix for me was to fly the thing while having an internet connection.

Reactions: mkp2020
Mine was updated with DJI Assistant and I was never prompted for NFZ map updates but I see other people have been.
Odd that. I get a download prompt fir NFZ update but nothing gets downloaded.

Rob,

I checked again and again and observed the following:

When I am indoors with no or very low GPS signal ( max 4 satellites ) I can fly in ATTI Mode or P-Opti Mode.

When displacing myself indoors to a better place , the moment I am receiving 5 to 7 satellites I have the NFZ Limit msg and can't T/O.

After going outside and receiving 9 to 14 satellites I am ready to fly in GPS Mode .

When I return now to the same spot where I had 5 to 7 satellites before and where I had the NFZ Limit message I go directly in ATTI or
P-Opti Mode and do not receive the NFZ Limit messages anymore.

So after a lock on a strong GPS signal you can go indoors and fly in the ATTI or P-Opti mode .

I seems to me that without having received a strong GPS signal and position , the Mavic places you somewhere in a NFZ except when there is no GPS signal at all are very low.

Hope this helps.
Dan.

Sounds like it's trying to force people to have a solid lock and gps home point before flying, which given the amount if noobs isn't the end of the world

Sounds like it's trying to force people to have a solid lock and gps home point before flying, which given the amount if noobs isn't the end of the world
It's the end of the world if you aren't a noob. They have reverted to assuming you are in a NFZ unless GPS proves you are not. Big Brother crap for sure.

It's the end of the world if you aren't a noob. They have reverted to assuming you are in a NFZ unless GPS proves you are not. Big Brother crap for sure.
I do not believe this to be the case.
I can now fly mine seemingly unaffected by any "NFZ Limit" warnings. With zero Sats, some Sats or sufficient to attain a fix and GPS mode. Even after having moved my Mavic, 3500km from of side of Australia to the other, I retained the ability to get airborne at all times (including before attaining a fix). I reckon it assumes you are in a NFZ, until you successfully download the NFZ list post update, that's all.

I wonder, are those effected by this issue are perhaps operating with mobile devices in flight mode thereby precluding Go from updating the NFZ list in the background.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobP62
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet