DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Uk

Aerofoil

Reactions
Hi all

Im finding these no fly zones weird

Im comparing maps from dji and othersites listed on here and im finding huge differences.

why are there big differences?

Who decides what a no fly zone is and who's responsible for making making changes on the maps.

if one map shows a NFZ and another doesnt which one do you trust?

Reactions: Piggy
I would go with the NATS app view of NFZ as that is more accurate on Airspace classifications than the simple circles round airports that I have seen on the DJI apps.

For example, I live in and am likely to fly in Class D airspace around Bham airport and the NATS app (Drone Assist) rightly shows the area impacted. Class D is not an NFZ but additional rules apply re altitude and weights of drones. You can fly a drone <7kg in Class D as long as you can "fly safely" and if you think that you might interfere with aircraft you should contact ATC. The app also shows ground hazards (e.g. Substations, power lines, schools etc). So I am treating that as the most reliable UK source.

What do others use and do with regard to ATC?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
With a Mavic (<7kg) you can go in most airspace, but not within 5km (3.1 miles of an airport/airfield). Obviously at least adhering to the basic drone code ( Drone code | Dronesafe ) if not licensed and using common sense and apply safe and observed flight at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe