DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No activation prompt

Mobius1

Reactions
The manual says The Mavic Mini must be activated before use. However, I get no activation prompt after logging in on DJI fly with The Mavic and controller powered on and the controller connected to my phone. Right now the only thing I can do is move the gimbal with the wheel on the controller. I've tried logging out and re-downloading the app several times, and I've updated the firmware on the mini and controller with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. I'm in contact with DJI support about the issue, but wanted to see if you guys have any ideas. Using iPhone 6s with the latest iOS version.

do you already have a dji account with another drone because you need to log in to that account or start a new one before you can fly

Reactions: scooot
I made an account when I first started the app but got no activation prompt after that. Just tried making a second account with another email, still no prompt. I live in a blue authorization zone but I don't think that would prevent activation.

The manual says The Mavic Mini must be activated before use. However, I get no activation prompt after logging in on DJI fly with The Mavic and controller powered on and the controller connected to my phone. Right now the only thing I can do is move the gimbal with the wheel on the controller. I've tried logging out and re-downloading the app several times, and I've updated the firmware on the mini and controller with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. I'm in contact with DJI support about the issue, but wanted to see if you guys have any ideas. Using iPhone 6s with the latest iOS version.

I’m guessing here but have you tried using a internet connected computer and the USB cable to do it?

Well, if you're in a blue zone, moving the gimbal is indeed all you can do as you can't unlock and can't start props even if it is activated.

Not sure what triggers activation but starting props might be it.

I’m guessing here but have you tried using a internet connected computer and the USB cable to do it?
I don't think you can activate through Assistant, and connecting the AC to the computer only provides access to SD storage or connecting to Assistant.

Reactions: AMann
I think my main issue is the link between the mobile device and the controller. When I go into camera view it says 'RC not connected' at the top of the screen. I've tried two different RC cables and another device (iPad Pro) with the same result. Even though I'm logged in on DJI fly and the RC and Mavic are linked, my device isn't recognizing the RC.

That won't help. Issue is between RC and mobile, not RC and AC.

Hopefully the side port hasn't been damaged trying to charge it. The side port is a rectangular micro-A port while the charge cable is a trapezoid micro-B plug. It's very easy to get the plug backwards and break the contact tongue on the socket.

I assume you're using the included short cables. You have to use those as they establish an OTG connection from the RC.

Did you ever fix that problem I just got my drone 2 days ago and I have the same problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan