DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No drones allowed signs

By the way the no drone signs shown are not enforceable without that legal mumbo jumbo written at the bottom. SO those signs shown are really a suggestion. you can't just post a sign- There are legal ways to go about doing it.
If those 2 signs are Gov. signs they are misinformed Gov. signs.
legal sign: Note Bottom
1697830776731.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
By the way the no drone signs shown are not enforceable without that legal mumbo jumbo written at the bottom. SO those signs shown are really a suggestion. you can't just post a sign- There are legal ways to go about doing it.
When you’re an overseas visitor not wanting to have to post bail, I err way to the side of caution. 🇦🇺😁

When you’re an overseas visitor not wanting to have to post bail, I err way to the side of caution. 🇦🇺😁
That's the problem often when you are even from out of state; it's really hard to know what's an official sign. Obviously there is only one federal govt but you can't just ignore all the different non-federal state signs. Any government entity that wants to make their sign appear to be legal can simply publish the code for trespassing and 99% of the citizens will believe it.

And if the second sign is posted on the outside of the fence next to a sidewalk does that make that portion of the sidewalk non-compliant with current ADA regulations by about 1\8 of an inch !

I’m flying home from being in San Diego and was of the understanding everywhere downtown was no fly due to airport proximity and defence locations?
Sure does look like it, I see a lot of zeros in LAANC but there are a few spots. Not sure if I know the area well enough to consider it downtown. Part 107 can get waivers.

Reactions: 4006448
Publishing? Nothing.

For slowly flying directly over cars on the road deck for rather long periods of time, putting the people in them at serious risk should something go wrong, an enormous fine. Like $10,000.

Does not justify jail or anything like that.
That's pretty steep fine if you don't catch the person flying the drone but figure out him later.

And what if his drone hits a rail and it falls on top of a big rig truck and puts a small dent in the top of teh trailer, jail time then? Or an even bigger fine?

BTW, I'm not sure of the Cali fines but if you drive your vehicle down a one-way street and you miss a dozen cars and the police pull you over on the other end, what's the fine for endangering other drivers because certainly thousands of people have actually died from this carelessness?

That's pretty steep fine if you don't catch the person flying the drone but figure out him later.

And what if his drone hits a rail and it falls on top of a big rig truck and puts a small dent in the top of teh trailer, jail time then? Or an even bigger fine?

BTW, I'm not sure of the Cali fines but if you drive your vehicle down a one-way street and you miss a dozen cars and the police pull you over on the other end, what's the fine for endangering other drivers because certainly thousands of people have actually died from this carelessness?
Its pretty steep to do that here if you can find a cop lol. The FAA fine for the first offense of flying over a vehicle without incident is a Nasty letter- with incident it is a nice round 37,700 US dollars. Second offense without incident is a to be determined fine probably way expensive.. Don't forget to add the Lawyer fee- you will probably be glad you paid him in the end.

You don't playfully point a loaded gun at someone.

Not interested in having a pointless argument trying to define the relative risk between this, and that GG Bridge flight. That misses the point.

You don't playfully point a loaded gun at someone.

Not interested in having a pointless argument trying to define the relative risk between this, and that GG Bridge flight. That misses the point.
With a gun or a car, there's a high likelihood someone will get seriously hurt or killed. With a drone, it's practically impossible. The fine should be about $25 by comparison.

Last edited:
I'm not getting the curve ball here the OP showed some signs from his photo collection and Now we are debating the law about flight over traffic. Yes its against the regs. The poster is either not bright and will certainly be reported by someone who sees the video OR The pilot Had permission and the proper paperwork and equipment to do such a thing. Maybe a better question would be I wonder what he did and what permits and waivers he had to get to film such a video.
There are many cool legal videos of "impossible for the everyday drone guy to fly" places. There are a number of ways to get that over the traffic shot without actually having a free flying drone directly above the vehicles. you could easily attach a wire to one of those safety lines at the top. Besides Your biggest worry with crossing that bridge is not drones but the various spud wrenches, hammers, and Bolts the iron workers working above you drop. They are up there everyday all day.

I'm not getting the curve ball here the OP showed some signs from his photo collection and Now we are debating the law about flight over traffic. Yes its against the regs. The poster is either not bright and will certainly be reported by someone who sees the video OR The pilot Had permission and the proper paperwork and equipment to do such a thing. Maybe a better question would be I wonder what he did and what permits and waivers he had to get to film such a video.
There are many cool legal videos of "impossible for the everyday drone guy to fly" places. There are a number of ways to get that over the traffic shot without actually having a free flying drone directly above the vehicles. you could easily attach a wire to one of those safety lines at the top. Besides Your biggest worry with crossing that bridge is not drones but the various spud wrenches, hammers, and Bolts the iron workers working above you drop. They are up there everyday all day.
When asked, the "pilot" apparently replied with "I did not get any warning on my remote control when I was flying near the Golden Gate." That doesn't sound like someone who would get a waiver or permission.

The bridge is not in a NFZ. I checked Air Control. The land area around it isn't either.
The bridge itself may not be in a NFZ, although the bridge district says it is not permitted to fly “over or near“ the bridge. However, because of the National recreation area, there is no place to launch other than perhaps the corner of Marina and Lyon, 2 miles from the bridge. So effectively, flying around the bridge is not feasible.

Reactions: Cafguy
The bridge itself may not be in a NFZ, although the bridge district says it is not permitted to fly “over or near“ the bridge. However, because of the National recreation area, there is no place to launch other than perhaps the corner of Marina and Lyon, 2 miles from the bridge. So effectively, flying around the bridge is not feasible.
Boat

• Love
Reactions: Sparc343
Impressed with the 1st Golden Gate Bridge footage @ 42 seconds. Looks like it could be somewhere in UK.

I put the question of whether or not to fly in a given area right up there with the sexual harassment theory. If you're not absolutely sure.... just don't. Do fly, don't say it, don't touch it... just don't. Common sense can be a powerful ally.

Reactions: Torque and Cafguy
With a gun or a car, there's a high likelihood someone will get seriously hurt or killed. With a drone, it's practically impossible. The fine should be about $25 by comparison.

I disagree there's a high likelihood. But you missed the point anyway, completely.

I disagree there's a high likelihood. But you missed the point anyway, completely.
He're my point. A real libertarian would not advocate for exorbitant government fines for so-called crimes where there is no victim and the goal is "prevention" for something that has actually never really happened (i.e. a drone fails or pilots makes a mistake AND falls upon a car crossing a bridge AND hurts the driver). Out of all the hobbies in the world, fly a drone hobby is the only one I know of where the pilots condone jail sentences for rules violations.

Reactions: landmark orbiter
He're my point. A real libertarian would not advocate for exorbitant government fines for so-called crimes where there is no victim and the goal is "prevention" for something that has actually never really happened (i.e. a drone fails or pilots makes a mistake AND falls upon a car crossing a bridge AND hurts the driver). Out of all the hobbies in the world, fly a drone hobby is the only one I know of where the pilots condone jail sentences for rules violations.
Never shot a firearm much, have you? Never raced? TONS of hobbies where participants advocate jail for offenders.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229