DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No gimbal/cam view on my iPhone while flying my Mavic.... Help!?

Boomerang

Reactions
Hi to everybody! Who can tell me how to fix the follwing problem I faced today during my first Mavic Pro flight? Despite of flying with the drone, my iPhone coupled don't shows the remote view of the gimbal/cam... I've installed the app DJI-Go-4 but can't get the a.m. view.... May someone tell me how to work on the settings pls? Thanx ;-)

Last edited:
I'm guessing, as you have given little details, but suspect you need to connect your iPhone direct to the USB connection on the controller, and not the micro/lightning connection, as I understand it can cause issues sometimes.

I'm guessing, as you have given little details, but suspect you need to connect your iPhone direct to the USB connection on the controller, and not the micro/lightning connection, as I understand it can cause issues sometimes.
Reply: Thank you Enigma, I'll try as of tomorrow, when I'll take my second flight. It might be helpful ;-) Will keep you posted. Thx

Download and read the manual if you haven't already done so. It can save you from making some stupid mistakes.

Already did it... if you're aware about the mistake I'm incurring pls let me know.... thx
Is it a case of just no video feed on the iphone or nothing at all being displayed? Are you getting telemetry displayed in the Go 4 app when flying?

There are quite a few posts around the forum from people who have had issues with the lightning cable that comes with the Mavic. Make sure it is securely plugged into both the remote and your iphone. If still no image, try a USB-to-lightning cable plugged into the USB slot at the bottom center of the controller as @Enigma suggested (be sure nothing is plugged into the side microUSB).

Help! Any ideas?

I started flying this afternoon and everything was fine, suddenly the video froze to the last thing it saw, brought it down, turned everything off and back on, Mavic is communicating with controller, I can rotate camera up and down, but screen is black, disconnected stock lightning cable and plugged in a normal Lightning cable into The USB port and still no video, even tried using my iPad and no video, any suggestions? Or does it look like a trip to a DJI in California?

Shut it down for an hour, powered it back up, video came back for a minute or so and then black again, getting gimbal disconnected messages, then they stop, but still no video
549d183952ecfdd9a9c5ccd6279db61e.jpg

10e592165742687298ecd0e3ff34ab7a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Myo Min Zaw
I powered everything down and went out for dinner, when I came home, connected the controller to my iPad and powered everything up, I got perfect video for about 30 seconds and then it went to black screen again like above, is there a problem with the camera? Obviously it's not a cable issue

I powered everything down and went out for dinner, when I came home, connected the controller to my iPad and powered everything up, I got perfect video for about 30 seconds and then it went to black screen again like above, is there a problem with the camera? Obviously it's not a cable issue

Try hooking it up via wifi. I it persists you have a bad camera cable or something.

Do you think it's the ribbon cable to the camera or the camera? I've never had any crashes or other possible damage to the craft.

I'm guessing there is a camera problem since again this morning I have video feed for about a minute and then it does black, so I started a support ticket with DJI to get it repaired.

Last edited:
...even dumber question....is your shutter speed/ISO set to a level where all you get is dark image because of under exposure?

Set Shutter Speed to 25 and ISO to 100 and cofirm it is not these settings. At 25/100 you should have an image, even if overexposed.

Do you think it's the ribbon cable to the camera or the camera? I've never had any crashes or other possible damage to the craft.

I'm guessing there is a camera problem since again this morning I have video feed for about a minute and then it does black, so I started a support ticket with DJI to get it repaired.
Try going under your camera settings and re set all settings to default. I was messing with camera settings one time and the screen was very bad..... not all black like yours. After i reset it all back to default settings all was fine. Good luck

Do you use drone deploy? I had this issue last time I went out to fly a project. I think it is a mix of problems between dji and DD as they both worked fine before GO told me to update the mavic to its latest firmware. That gave me camera errors on both programs.

I had to send it back to DJI, there was a problem with the drone and they replaced it

Dumb question, but are you logged into your DJI Go 4 app?
As you could see from my pic, yes I was logged in and using the DJI Go 4 app, and I would have video feed for about a minute and then the camera feed would go black, but I still had communications from the controller to the drone, where I could fly, I just didn’t have video, it seems that when the camera gets to a certain temperature it would quit because if I turned it off and let it cool down for a period of time and turn it back on, the video worked for about a minute

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu