DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Height restriction

Then it becomes restricted airspace for flight operations or special operations. Or as you suggest: Torrey Pines Glider Port, flying hang gliders and Paragliders, there is a "no fly" restriction along the cliffs south of the glider port, specifically one mansion. If you over fly it, they can use deadly force. Don't know who lives there but they must know someone! Exceptions to every rule.

Reactions: dan.utinske
Torrey is one of my favorite places to fly; had been flying hang gliders for close to 30 years and learned to fly paragliders at Torrey. Miss it, don't miss CA, but do miss Torrey.

Reactions: tls3601
You can go above 400’ but areas that are at least 35 miles or more from ANY airport are very limited. And as one might guess very remote as well. For the majority of us it is 400’.

You can go above 400’ but areas that are at least 35 miles or more from ANY airport are very limited. And as one might guess very remote as well. For the majority of us it is 400’.
Are you saying that it's okay to fly above 400' AGL if you're more than 35 miles from an airport? If so, I'd love to see where you've seen that, as it's completely incorrect.
The actual rules are that a recreational pilot can never go over 400' AGL, and a Part 107 pilot must also stay below 400' AGL, unless they are within 400' of a structure.

Are you saying that it's okay to fly above 400' AGL if you're more than 35 miles from an airport? If so, I'd love to see where you've seen that, as it's completely incorrect.
The actual rules are that a recreational pilot can never go over 400' AGL, and a Part 107 pilot must also stay below 400' AGL, unless they are within 400' of a structure.
AGL of course. Semantics.

You've lost me too, what does semantics have to do with it? "Above ground level" is above ground level, what more is there to it?
Elon Musk’s “The Boring Company” (they dig holes for subways, how clever) recently announced the new subterranean drones that fly UGL, under ground level.

The main problem with this new class of UGL drones is:

BVLOS-by definition you are always operating out of visual line of sight, and:
FAA-but that’s okay, as being subterranean the FAA has no authority, but:
DEPT OF WORKS-you have to file a 37B/6 form in order to operate down to 400’ UGL.

Also, I’ve heard these drones can get sand in their bearings, and overheat, and can either catch fire or explode. But I’m sure Elon has a crack team of engineers working the problem.

Oh, my stupid speech to text, that should have read “… crack SMOKING team of engineers…” but I’m sure he’ll do as well as he’s doing with Twitter, I mean who doesn’t want to operate their drone UGL?

• Haha
Reactions: EssenYVR and Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147