Get more from your Mavic
Friendly, Helpful, Knowledgeable Mavic Community
Join Us Now

No waypoints is dealbreaker.

dave canada

Reactions
losing signal from tablet to drone with my mavic is a common occurance but it always finishes it,s mission and rth unless of couarse it decides the mission is to long then it returns home on its own I,m using litchi with mission hub

RUFFSTUFF

Funky Fresh
Premium Pilot
Reactions
But we just mentioned the phone, not firmware or the app....

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
@Repaid1 What a thoughtful and informative response. The Go4 app is SO much more feature rich and useful than DJI Fly. I feel so fortunate to have lucked out by buying a M2P before the Air and Air2s were released. I look at the tradeoff between the M2P and M3 and say "no thank you". I'm fine where I am with the M2P, with better controller software and an MUCH better controller (in spite of people complaining "but the phone goes on the bottom".) The bottom mount never bothered me for a second.

As I said in earlier threads, DJI is on a margin building mission. And as a corporation this is understandable, but culturally is different, because an American company would more sensitive to providing more real value for more money charged. DJI's packaging reminds me of the way (American) cars were packaged years ago. The base package A had X equipment. the upgrade B would have what the base had, but minus other stuff. Package C would give and take too and you needed to get to package D to get everything you wanted. And we know what happened to the value of American cars in relation to the cars imported to the US today..

nick779

Reactions
So why is there a waypoint setup for hyperlapse? What, from a compliance point of view, is the difference?

And why are other manufacturers still employing waypoints in their product, if this is deemed to be outside of legal flying?
I agree here, I'm happy that it's there, but why not just have it in normal too? The only thing I can think of is maybe heat or some other hardware limitation while recording constant hi-res video?

Unless they're paywalling that feature.