DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise reduction comparison (Pt 2) Davinci Resolve 17 Studio vs Interpolated Neat Video plug-in

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
In another thread it was asked how the noise reduction in Davinci Resolve Studio compared to Neat Video. This piqued my interest because I own the consumer version of Neat Video which will only allow you to render to 1080p. But I want to shoot in 4k! And how well does the native noise reduction in the color tab in Davinci Resolve Studio work? To be honest, this won't provide a definitive answer. I suspect the Pro version of Neat Video is really good, but I've already got $90 invested in the Neat consumer plug-in and $300 in Davinci Studio. Do I need to pay another $60 for the Neat upgrade?

First, I confess that I am not practiced nor skilled with the Davinci Resolve feature. I have to learn to finesse it, so am attaching a jpg to illustrate the settings I used. I'll have to work on using it properly. The Neat plug-in is pretty easy to use if you make select the right area. And to be honest, Davinci Resolve didn't do a half bad job taking a 1080p render and re-rendering it in 4k! It didn't do a half bad job in noise reduction controlled by this newbie hack. So here is comparison video. If it doesn't display 4k wait a bit and come back as YouTube takes forever to process HD.

DR17NoiseCapture.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54