DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Non DJI Brand Batteries?

agreed, IMHO. i have many many electric rc's, and have a plethora of different brand lipo's. but i can monitor the balancing of individual cells in a given pack - DJI's have it all in one, and especially with them being intelligent discharge, i don't want to mess with anything but theirs.

While not recently, DJI has released firmware that stops non-OEM batteries from working. But the bottom line is that you don't know anything about non-OEM batteries. Why chance $1000 to save a few dollars.

While not recently, DJI has released firmware that stops non-OEM batteries from working. But the bottom line is that you don't know anything about non-OEM batteries. Why chance $1000 to save a few dollars.

Thank you all for your responses. Somehow I am not terribly surprised. I'll start shopping around a bit.....

Not wanting to hijack my own thread, but I just came in from a quick test flight. We have an eagles nest in our neighbors yard.... As I have feared, there were two of them that showed real interest in the new, noisy, funny looking bird in "their" neighborhood.... ;) The thread on skins is a good read for me right now. Florescent orange is supposed to work to scare off eagles. We have little "road crew" jackets for our small dogs when we take them for a walk on the beach....

BTW, this is my first post, but I have been "lurking" and learning a lot. Nice forum!

Thanks,
Greg

Reactions: rikiki69
Don't risk any parts non OEM that have a direct impact on flight.

Last edited:
"Before planning for multiple flights, please charge the battery fully for one trial flight to check the effect. If it works well in the trial flight, get it fully charged for multiple flights."

Not particularly confidence inspiring when that comes from the manufacturer . . .

Reactions: maverickau
does this even make sense?

Before planning for multiple flights, please charge the battery fully for one trial flight to check the effect. If it works well in the trial flight, get it fully charged for multiple flights

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007