DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a crash but seeing rear prop errors

MrBongo

Reactions
So been flying my New Mavic Air for couple weeks now not flown any great distances just some dronies and rockets and circles, and helix 25m tops in Couple parks with wife and boy or soBut on some take offs and landings props have been caught on grass or a peg once.

Also one forced landing at speed with bit bump and failed take offs due to caught rear props.

But now I’m seeing motor errors come up and one or other rear prop says need replacement and flashing.

However I simply run fingers across the props and tighten top screws on props and issue disappears, is this normal.

Many thanks.

p.s.
Have the bug seriously now as just picked up a Mavic Pro 2 for just over a £1k for my birthday, present To me I can’t wait.

It’s possible for the props to become deformed and no longer provide nominal lift. This happens quite frequently with the Mini for instance. Your should replace them.

Ok so I’ve had it two weeks been out three times and taken of landed say fifteen times in total only just used three batteries in flights and had issue say 5 times is that normal need replacing if so I’m gonna burn through props.

Ok so I’ve had it two weeks been out three times and taken of landed say fifteen times in total only just used three batteries in flights and had issue say 5 times is that normal need replacing if so I’m gonna burn through props.

You said you hit the props a few times, didn’t you?

You said you hit the props a few times, didn’t you?

Yeah but I’m talking like on take off props we’re stopped by some grass stalks couple times and on one landing when it landed RTH to close to one of the plastic pegs on the helipad.

Welcome to the Forum!

I do not have a Mini but have read where the props may lose their shape if pressure is applied on them while stored. Have not read where folks are burning through props.

Since you have clipped some grass, check closely to insure there is nothing down in the motors.

A car floor mat will make a good landing pad if you do not want to launch/land by hand.

@MrBongo somewhat confused by your post in it you say you are flying a New Mavic Air,yet then you go on to describe what sounds like a Mavic Mini

If you had a stoppage from the tall grass, you definitely need to change the props.

So been flying my New Mavic Air for couple weeks now not flown any great distances just some dronies and rockets and circles, and helix 25m tops in Couple parks with wife and boy or soBut on some take offs and landings props have been caught on grass or a peg once.

Also one forced landing at speed with bit bump and failed take offs due to caught rear props.

But now I’m seeing motor errors come up and one or other rear prop says need replacement and flashing.

However I simply run fingers across the props and tighten top screws on props and issue disappears, is this normal.

Many thanks.

p.s.
Have the bug seriously now as just picked up a Mavic Pro 2 for just over a £1k for my birthday, present To me I can’t wait.
Some type of a landing pad would be a good idea. Even a fairly large one, folds up and stores in a nice case for easy travel/storage. Clipping props on anything (especially fingers) is not a good idea.

Only when you hit things with them!!! Props should never ever be a loud to hit anything if you do replace it..use a landing pad....

2 new cats, 4 chewed props, flew 2500 ft flawlessly , got to love the Mavic 2.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm
Coal

Screenshot 06-19-2020 11.58.46.jpg

Reactions: Shon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members