DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Enough Force/ESC Error (No Crash) - Logs Attached

bigswifty

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Wonder if one of the log file experts would be able to take a look at the log files attached please:

1. Reviewing the flight on Airdata showed "Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 2 times)".
2. I didn't notice anything during the flight
3. Flight progressed apparently normally
4. Subsequent flight a few minutes later progressed normally with no warnings.

Is this anything I need to be concerned about?

txt and dat files attached.

Thanks for any insights!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-04_[10-46-14].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 2020-08-04_10-45-25_FLY097.DAT
    7.3 MB · Views: 5
At 53sec into the flight, applying both full pitch (green) & throttle (blue) stick a NotEnoughForce error is generated. The markers is placed there in all charts below ...

In the TXT log the error is written out but not in the DAT log. Here below the TXT ... which show some thing's to be noted. When the error comes we see that the AC pitch up (black) without any stick input changes from the specified 25 degrees to 19 degrees but that is restored 3-5sec later, also the total battery current draw reaches it's highest value during this flight. During the whole forward travel+ascent the battery voltage drops ... but not down to any low/critical level.

1597227980158.png

The DAT log (with the markers placed where the error comes) with all motor data brought up (rpm's, current & command % per motor) show nothing that looks alarming & out of the ordinary considering the stick inputs ... & no motor is deviating major from the others.

1597228706750.png

Bringing in the TXT log to Airdata.com show below ... the NotEnoughForce error comes between D & E & that period also indicate a higher current draw but no out of the ordinary voltage drop.

1597229015657.png

My take on this is that the current draw slightly crossed a threshold for the NotEnoughForce error during that speed burst. The battery couldn't quite deliver what was needed to keep both heading & ascend speeds according to spec. & that's the reason for the slight up pitch... below the speeds in magenta & red (heading speed in P-mode max 14m/s & ascent max 4/m/s).

I wouldn't worry about this now. If this starts to repeat as a regular incident in most of the flights it's more serious.

1597230366566.png

Reactions: bigswifty
Many thanks for this, greatly appreciate you taking the time to examine it. I'll monitor closely for future instances.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S