DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not happy with the shimmering on this video?

drumbum

Reactions
Hey all,

I have been filming using the mavic as follows and have provided a sample link:

I am trying to move to the next level and get better, smoother video however I dont know what the shimmering is in this video example. Its most obvious around the goal nets/fence/roofline.

Its 1080p, 60fps with an ND4 filter shot dlog with LUT added.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

This is a known issue with the Mavic. 60fps is simply not usable. A YouTube search will show a lot of similar examples. This issue is not fixable in firmware. It is a limitation of the chipset used by the Mavic.

Jim

That's called aliasing, and it's a known weakness of the Mavic's camera when shooting in 1080p at 60 fps. Supposedly the camera on the Mavic Pro Platinum has changed some hardware to correct for this, but I haven't read any actual reviews yet. Of course that would also require buying a new drone.

In short, about your only option is not to shoot in 1080p at 60 fps.

if you have sharpness above 0, you are disabling the noise reduction that tries to reduce this artifacting among other things.

I get that same effect after editing when the compression is set to high

Its moire but theres also some of the standard inter-frame flicker there as well. 4k would help a bit, 2.7k would help a bit more but there is always going to be some flickering on detailed areas purely due to the low bitrates the mavic uses for video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta