DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not suitable for landing

helmut

Reactions
Hi, I used this landing pad for landing and the above message appears. Anyone know what is wrong?
not suitable for landing.jpg I had to land manually next to the landing pad.
But message came up only 2 times.

Reactions: Sundown
some landing pads come with reflective, self adhesive stickers. Maybe if you apply these to the pad the "not suitable..." warning will not come again

Reactions: Piggy
talking about landing pad, i'm dreaming about a landing pad, which would be square sized foldable plastic pad

one that can, once folded, be small enough to be the size of one's hand , so i can travel around with it in a small back bag ?

something around a slimmer and sleeker version of that photo (idea).

Being the Mavic, the real estate does NOT have to be large...i wonder why all the landing pads i see on the internet have to be large and Round ??

3198d9f0cd305b46e670dd5d6e0cfa69.jpg

Reactions: terencehuang852
talking about landing pad, i'm dreaming about a landing pad, which would be square sized foldable plastic pad

one that can, once folded, be small enough to be the size of one's hand , so i can travel around with it in a small back bag ?

something around a slimmer and sleeker version of that photo (idea).

Being the Mavic, the real estate does NOT have to be large...i wonder why all the landing pads i see on the internet have to be large and Round ??

3198d9f0cd305b46e670dd5d6e0cfa69.jpg

The round pads with the spring steel exterior fold up to about a 1ft circle that fits inside a small bag. I don't see anything being much more efficient than that while still being useful.

-Joe

ah ok that foldable pad you are referring to is indeed slim...but it is basically just a layer of tissue...i was thinkning of something square and foldable which double as a "hardwood platform" to stand flat on some rocks for instance.

The pad you are talking about is only good because of the color but i don't see any other practical use othar than being bright color and let's say cover some dust.

Be sure to secure it enough. A little breeze can flip it up during landing and ruin your day.

Reactions: MrsTreat
A rubber car mat is what I use sometimes when I need it. Works very well. Doesn't look fancy though. Maybe someone should make car mats with a bright yellow H. I would buy one for the Landrover :)

I do not think this is the landing pad, but rather the matter that is below. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the Mavic uses an ultrasound system. Some materials absorb ultrasound, so mavic recovers erroneous information

The pad you are talking about is only good because of the color but i don't see any other practical use othar than being bright color and let's say cover some dust.
Perfect to take off or land on grass.

Reactions: nealh
Helmut,

I have the same landing pad and I use it all the time. One, I use the orange side most of the time. I have never had any issues with it. And two, I use it because I don't want any sand or debris kicking up during takeoff and landing. A word of caution, if you are using it on a grass surface and using the pegs, drive the pegs in below the level of the rear props. I was manually landing one time and did hit a peg. It put a few small nicks in the blade which I immediately replaced.

Happy flying,

Mike

Hi, I used this landing pad for landing and the above message appears. Anyone know what is wrong?
View attachment 19513 I had to land manually next to the landing pad.
But message came up only 2 times.

Why "next to the landing pad"? If you make manual landing, you can do on your pad too lol.
Imho the bad reaction of the MP on autolanding on the pad come from the vibrations of the pad from the propellers

Reactions: Oingo Boingo
Set ur landing control option to off. I land on anything from a t-shirt to a cardboard box, to my drone pelican case

Reactions: kruzlifix
Stunnajd112 I can't reflect your picture, maybe you can send few more also in combination with the Mavic thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman