DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure I’d try this type of launch!

That is much much easier than it looks actually... have tried it several times without any problems or drama (with a quad of course, not a photo drone).

What he uses is a mode called either "Horizon" or "Angle"... those both modes auto levels the quad when the sticks are released (which differs from the third mode called "Acro" or "manual" where the quads attitude stays when sticks are released).

So he throws the quad up, then arm the motors (which levels the quad... easy to see that happening in the clip)... then just flies out.

That is much much easier than it looks actually... have tried it several times without any problems or drama (with a quad of course, not a photo drone).

What he uses is a mode called either "Horizon" or "Angle"... those both modes auto levels the quad when the sticks are released (which differs from the third mode called "Acro" or "manual" where the quads attitude stays when sticks are released).

So he throws the quad up, then arm the motors (which levels the quad... easy to see that happening in the clip)... then just flies out.
Thanks for explaining 👍🏻

Be a man?? Seriously, lets see, did you throw it high enough, did you get to the controls on time, did you hit the wrong controls when trying to grab the RC while looking at the drone, did you hit or bend a prop when throwing, do you know what direction it will be facing when it takes off. I'm not throwing $1,500 in the air just to see how fast I can react to gravity.

I'm old and I paid over $500 for my Mini2 and if I can swing the money for a mavic 3 (some version of it) I would no more throw my Canon 80D DSLR into the air one time to see what the resulting shot looks like, then one of these drones...
I know my results would be less than safe for the drone, let alone the reaction of telling my wife what I had done and telling her now I need to get a new drone...

With a cheap toy drone i would probably try. But not with my new Mavic 3C :)

Reactions: cameracamel
With a cheap toy drone i would probably try. But not with my new Mavic 3C :)
Yup.

Do it all the time with my Parrot Mamba. It's an official feature.

One of my DJI drones? perhaps the Avata IF it was a supported feature. None of the DJI camera drones, however.

That's an FPV drone which is made for crazy flying. You can arm the drone in a split second and in another split second be full thrust. As someone else posted, in angle or horizon mode the drone will auto level itself so going full thrust will shoot you up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR