DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance affects how the M3 flies

Filmarik

Reactions
I am used to be in control with sticks and all these automated features drive me nuts on M3. Like landing. Why I can not fly the drone all the way down to landing? Why the drone stops descending about 2 feet above ground and then lands by itself? Anyway, one thing I discovered is that when I turn off the obstacle avoidance altogether, the drone flies much nicer. It responds to stick commands more precisely and without delay, almost like I was used to when flying the Inspire 2. As soon as I turn it on to brake or bypass normal or nifty the drone flight characteristics change significantly. It becomes less responsive to stick commands and kind of rubbery, which I do not like at all. So, for me no obstacle avoidance is the way to go (fly actually). Just wanted to share my thoughts and experience 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
I did the same within the first week of flying mine. Unfortunately, turning OA completely OFF still won't stop the incessant warnings that it is too dark for OA to work in dim light or after dark!