DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gringorio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Here are a few clips of some of my drone flights in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch last summer. We used drones to help locate marine debris while in the gyre, over 100 flights. The ship was the S/V Kwai and the organization is Ocean Voyages Institute, Ocean Voyages Institute. We removed over 40 tons of marine debris.

What mess. Kudos for your efforts!
as the health of the oceans goes, so goes our planet.
Cool vid too!

Thank you and exactly!

Awesome!! Thank you for being a part of a GREAT expedition.

How far did you have to fly from the boat (longest flight)? I would think with minimal WiFi and other congestion you'd get superb distance.

What drone(s) are you flying mostly? Is it hard to spot "targets" from the air?

Thank you for sharing :)
Allen

Awesome!! Thank you for being a part of a GREAT expedition.

How far did you have to fly from the boat (longest flight)? I would think with minimal WiFi and other congestion you'd get superb distance.

What drone(s) are you flying mostly? Is it hard to spot "targets" from the air?

Thank you for sharing :)
Allen

I used a Mavic 2 Pro. Most flights were within a km of the ship. I did one flight nearly 7kms out to get video of another research ship. Yeah, no worries about connectivity. If the wind was up it was more difficult to see debris. I would point the camera down just below the horizon, usually with the sun behind and also over expose the shot to get objects to stand out.

They may need drone operators again this year. If so I'll be sure to post a notice.

Here are a few clips of some of my drone flights in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch last summer. We used drones to help locate marine debris while in the gyre, over 100 flights. The ship was the S/V Kwai and the organization is Ocean Voyages Institute, Ocean Voyages Institute. We removed over 40 tons of marine debris.

That an awesome sailing vessel!

Reactions: Gringorio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ