DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd malfunctions

Franzinator

Reactions
I’ve had my mavic pro since March and it’s been a beast- almost flawless. Today however i had a slew of odd malfunctions on one flight. I was half a mile away, approx 200’ up. I️ received an ‘obstacle avoided’ notice twice - was not near any structure or wires, and more strangely i was in sport mode, where obstacle avoidance isn’t suppossed to work. Shortly after that the camera went dark, even though my transmission and HD signal strength showed 100%. I️ hit return-to-home, and usually during such a situation camera picture will return as signal strength is restored. Picture never came back. Drone then appeared directly over head the home point, but remained in a hover and did not descend to land. My joysticks still worked and I️ brought it down manually. Picture did not restore until i shut off both drone and controller and restarted. With such a barrage of malfunctions, I’m now afraid to fly. Thoughts?

It sounds like this could be an isolated incident. My first test would be to drop a different battery in and fly in an open area, keeping the drone "very" close by. It could have been a bad boot up of the Mavic on that one flight ~ but doubtful.

When was the last time you updated the firmware?

It sounds like this could be an isolated incident. My first test would be to drop a different battery in and fly in an open area, keeping the drone "very" close by. It could have been a bad boot up of the Mavic on that one flight ~ but doubtful.

When was the last time you updated the firmware?

Still on .400 - haven’t upgraded for fear of imposed restrictions from newer firmware

Take a look at the flight logs ... maybe load them here for the guru's to have a look at.

Reactions: DatPilot
You might want to clean all four of the vision sensors. But this really sounds like a faulty drone, since you were in sports mode.

You might want to clean all four of the vision sensors. But this really sounds like a faulty drone, since you were in sports mode.
I thought maybe a bird? Also flight log ended when picture dropped out. Did not log return to home

I am also still on OEM 400 FW w/ iPad Mini 4 latest IOS w/ GO 4 4.1.12 and no issue at all (knock on wood).
Maybe it's just a glitch....power cycle everything w/ new battery and fly again w/ caution, any sign of trouble call it back.

I thought maybe a bird? Also flight log ended when picture dropped out. Did not log return to home
You might try taking the flight log directly from the Mavic as your remote (and iPad) apparently stopped receiving transmissions when the error occurred. I would simply try a nearby flight to see if it was just a one-time thing. Until you know that, all of the guessing in the world means nothing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu