DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Forgot to mention this AUW includes a Sunhans 3W amp mounted with velcro in the battery cavity (then a battery cell Velcro'd to the booster). And to get the bottom screw for the rear rotor arm metal pins, I had to cut the rear vision sensor hole larger in order to get s screw driver to it. If anyone figures out a better way to do this, please let me know.

1539905074539.png

1539905049498.png

Since I can't fly due to weather, the ADD kicked in and I thought I would lighten the load. This is my new AUW with 3 factory battery cells and battery controller mod.

EDIT: unlike the M1, the wires in the M2 rotor arms are loose in the cavity. This makes mod'ing MUCH easier than the M1 where the wires were glued in place.

View attachment 50687

View attachment 50688

View attachment 50689

View attachment 50690

View attachment 50691

View attachment 50692

Nice work Bean, I can’t wait to see what kind of distance you can give with that light bird.[emoji106]

11,358m or 37,263ft and back home at 3.30v. The field near my home point is flooded for harvesting cranberries so didn't want to splash land!

Disclaimer: After crashing into a wire during auto landing descent and having to replace the Ha$$elblad camera assembly, I turned off auto landing descent on this flight. I usually fly at night and there's no way to see the wires plus the altimeter can vary by a few meters as the barometric pressure changes.

And Thanks to @beanbubba for selling me his spare camera for a non robbery price as my crash happened right before a vacation trip.

Screenshot_20181018-191334_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20181018-191512_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20181018-191628_Video%20Player.jpeg

11,358m or 37,263ft and back home at 3.30v. The field near my home point is flooded for harvesting cranberries so didn't want to splash land!

Disclaimer: After crashing into a wire during auto landing descent and having to replace the Ha$$elblad camera assembly, I turned off auto landing descent on this flight. I usually fly at night and there's no way to see the wires plus the altimeter can vary by a few meters as the barometric pressure changes.

And Thanks to @beanbubba for selling me his spare camera for a non robbery price as my crash happened right before a vacation trip.

View attachment 50727View attachment 50728View attachment 50729

Wow +37k stock!!

Excellent flight Lolo

Reactions: Joebie

Wicked.

View attachment 50727View attachment 50728View attachment 50729
Need the Airdata URL, it didn't show up in your post.

To disable auto landing you need to be in debug mode on Assistant (that I am aware of). That would make this flight outside the rules of engagement for the stock class. Would you like to report this in the modified class?

Last edited:
New stock record 37,457 ft and back with Mavic 2. Max out the battery on this one. Hit 1% at 5k 0% at 4400! By the time I made it over land I couldn't overide autoland!!! Crazy flight!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0076.PNG
    IMG_0076.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0077.PNG
    IMG_0077.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0078.PNG
    IMG_0078.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0079.PNG
    IMG_0079.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0080.PNG
    IMG_0080.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0075.PNG
    IMG_0075.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
New stock record 37,457 ft and back with Mavic 2. Max out the battery on this one. Hit 1% at 5k 0% at 4400! By the time I made it over lamd I couldn't overide autoland!!! Crazy flight!!!

Wow!!!

Broke the 7 mile mark, sweeeeet.

EDIT: I want to know how many birds are in the bay right there from previous flights that didn't make it to the shore :)

Last edited:
Hahaha!!! Thanks bro!! Actually I haven't lost any in a long time! I have a bug out point on the other side of the bay so if I don't think I'm going to make it I put it down and drive around and get it. I've lost a few drones into the drink I'm not going to lie!!

However after I get a good feel for what the drones can do I'm pretty good at gauging whether I can make it or not. There's a lot of luck involved too though especially on these last two attempts!!

I know it's not the best spot but I can fly every morning on the way to work that's why I fly here.

Hahaha!!! Thanks bro!! Actually I haven't lost any in a long time! I have a bug out point on the other side of the bay so if I don't think I'm going to make it I put it down and drive around and get it. I've lost a few drones into the drink I'm not going to lie!!

However after I get a good feel for what the drones can do I'm pretty good at gauging whether I can make it or not. There's a lot of luck involved too though especially on these last two attempts!!

I know it's not the best spot but I can fly every morning on the way to work that's why I fly here.

Well you picked a great spot if you are an adrenaline junkie and want to keep it interesting to the last second!!

Would love to see this video if you took one.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Well you picked a great spot if you are an adrenaline junkie and want to keep it interesting to the last second!!

Would love to see this video if you took one.
Hahaha yeah it is easy for me to fly every morning at the bay!!! Sorry though Bean!! My iPad Mini 4 overheats for some reason with the screenshot recording.

If you think people will be interested in the video I will switch to my new Ipad next attempt and record the video. Lowell Foo will break this record very soon so I will need to take another shot.

Hahaha yeah it is easy for me to fly every morning at the bay!!! Sorry though Bean!! My iPad Mini 4 overheats for some reason with the screenshot recording.

If you think people will be interested in the video I will switch to my new Ipad next attempt and record the video. Lowell Foo will break this record very soon so I will need to take another shot.
Yep, my iPad mini4 chokes when I try to screen record with the M2. So sad there are no more mini’s that can keep up with the latest DJI gear.

I had to climb a little higher than I planned on this flight. I had my cell phone in my pocket and was getting some weak signal. I think I can get another 1/2 mile out!

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Pure insanity. Very bad ***. I really wanna push mine this week but my current spot is awful.
Thanks brother!!! Yeah you need to find yourself a good spot and give it a go!!! Long distance flying is a huge rush!!! Risky Business for sure , but when everything works out it's amazingly fun!! Good luck to you brother!

I had to climb a little higher than I planned on this flight. I had my cell phone in my pocket and was getting some weak signal. I think I can get another 1/2 mile out!

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
Nice job bro!!! Welcome to the 30k club!!!

Reactions: mlash

Stock board updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78