DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

M2P stock with parameter mod. There was ground level wind from the east helping me on the way out. 17m/s at 5700rpm. Wind from the west at 300m helped land this flight and I discovered the Mavic 2 can detect water below it. Posted for information only as it doesn't fit well into any class here.

32TfzBh.jpg
8kG6dQ1.jpg
TRdFuPe.jpg
eiG55Fn.jpg

Yeah, flying low, in the dark over water filled ditches and flooded fields. [emoji15]
It's nice that it recognized this and set your Minimum flight altitude, in the dark no less!Thumbswayup

M2P stock with parameter mod. There was ground level wind from the east helping me on the way out. 17m/s at 5700rpm. Wind from the west at 300m helped land this flight and I discovered the Mavic 2 can detect water below it. Posted for information only as it doesn't fit well into any class here.

32TfzBh.jpg
8kG6dQ1.jpg
TRdFuPe.jpg
eiG55Fn.jpg

hey Lolo, you traditionally fly pretty low and I noticed you approached 1000 foot altitude. Were you trying to catch winds at different elevations? Did it work? Send me your airdata link, I have found some significant wind reporting errors on the M2 with skyninja and very curious if others are seeing this.

hey Lolo, you traditionally fly pretty low and I noticed you approached 1000 foot altitude. Were you trying to catch winds at different elevations? Did it work? Send me your airdata link, I have found some significant wind reporting errors on the M2 with skyninja and very curious if others are seeing this.
Funny, because I was just talking about the errors with the wind reports today! I definitely don't think the reports are correct!

Funny, because I was just talking about the errors with the wind reports today! I definitely don't think the reports are correct!

For this particular flight, outbound reported wind was over exaggerated and inbound wind was under exaggerated. The actual winds for this flight example was estimated around 4-5mph.

1540856580182.png

For this particular flight, outbound reported wind was over exaggerated and inbound wind was under exaggerated. The actual winds for this flight example was estimated around 4-5mph.
Edit: Oh, I see, that was skyninja's flight.

I don't think that's my flight (I don't even have mine modded yet) but below you can see that every time I was not moving the wind was reporting correctly. I'm possitive the wind was about 8-9mph. As soon as I took off the wind was reporting way less. (pic 1)My takeoff, (pic 2)when I stopped to turn around, (pic 3)when I got back home and stopped. The wind was not gusting it was pretty steady.

Pic1
wind1.png
Pic2
wind2.png
Pic3
wind3.png

Attachments

• wind1.png
    wind1.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yes, because of the hills and mountains nearby the air was rolling and I had a tailwind in both directions by climbing to 1k ft. It worked but I think the overall gains were small.

Yes, because of the hills and mountains nearby the air was rolling and I had a tailwind in both directions by climbing to 1k ft. It worked but I think the overall gains were small.
Small??? You set an unofficial new record!

Please private message me if you have an unused pass for the DJI Airworks conference in Dallas Texas for today and tomorrow.

I was so close! I knew I had a head wind coming home so I caved and shorted my turnaround!o_O Everything went well, the two plants were running so I had some radio interference.
I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Small??? You set an unofficial new record!
I think under normal calm wind conditions that the M2 can fly 23km round trip. The net gain from climbing higher is 2-3% only and would be more worthwhile on a longer flight.

I was so close! I knew I had a head wind coming home so I caved and shorted my turnaround!o_O Everything went well, the two plants were running so I had some radio interference.
I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joebie and lolo780
Here is the video for this flight

What RPMs did you see going out? If the revs drop below +300 of hover rpm you can gain efficiency switching to sport mode and running part throttle to maintain 3-400rpm over hover.

What RPMs did you see going out? If the revs drop below +300 of hover rpm you can gain efficiency switching to sport mode and running part throttle to maintain 3-400rpm over hover.

Yes, the rpms were low on the way out... I know I could have been doing 33-34mph out on this flight and hit 6.2 miles easily. I have been trying to dial-in my cruise control so I could start flying sport mode but it still needs to be sorted out. It just isn't smooth so it's hard to set it precisely. Thanks for the info!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife