DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Sorry to say but while flying backwards at the end of my flight today it went into Auto Land! It doesn't seem that flying backward produces the same effect as flying forward, as far as the Auto Land goes :mad:
Was it the heavy weight auto land or something else? All my flights go into heavy auto land now when I stop flying forward. Did you cancel the auto land and keep trying to fly backwards?

Sorry to say but while flying backwards at the end of my flight today it went into Auto Land! It doesn't seem that flying backward produces the same effect as flying forward, as far as the Auto Land goes :mad:

That sucks, How far out were you and were you able to cancel the autoland?

Did a couple of runs this morning had mixed results here is the best . "I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board @beanbubba
Very cool pictures above the clouds. I assume your home point was already above the clouds??

Reactions: Aumoe
I loaded up the latest M2 code on the bird today and precise RTH landing works now. I also set this parameter and sport mode max speed was nice (60 is the max value it allows).

PS - after a code upgrade all your previous parameter mods are reset.

1545529731270.png

1545530096003.png

I know we have been testing many different parameters, but correct me if I am wrong but none of them panned out?, right?

These are the only parameters I have now, does anyone else have any must have settings for the modified class?

1545534958092.png
1545534983896.png
1545535017774.png

That sucks, How far out were you and were you able to cancel the autoland?
No, once autoland kicks in you can cancel but it just kicks in again over and over. The only good thing is that you can fight the landing by pushing up on the stick so you can land in a safe place.

Reactions: SkyNinja

Attachments

• 15455370590139037465028024375825.jpg
    15455370590139037465028024375825.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 36
I struggle to figure out how to upload the video off my new device so is going to be full length . Loading on YouTube now an there were low clouds went up to 300ft to get above them pretty cool

Was it the heavy weight auto land or something else? All my flights go into heavy auto land now when I stop flying forward. Did you cancel the auto land and keep trying to fly backwards?
Yes, it was the heavy weight autoland. All of my flights do this also, but @lolo780 suggested that I back into the limit to make up time for the turnaround. You can cancel but it just keeps engaging autoland over and over.

@beanbubba
Is this the Limit? I thought it was closer to 59k
I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
@beanbubba
Is this the Limit? I thought it was closer to 59k
I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
It behaved like you hit the limit (here is the last one I hit and yours today). I looked back at some old M1 records and they all were between 58700 and 58900 feet. Ours were unusually less at 57600-57900, but looks just like it should by losing comms for about a minute when it happens. I honestly have no idea why this is so different.

1545604176178.png

It behaved like you hit the limit (here is the last one I hit and yours today). I looked back at some old M1 records and they all were between 58700 and 58900 feet. Ours were unusually less at 57600-57900, but looks just like it should by losing comms for about a minute when it happens. I honestly have no idea why this is so different.

View attachment 56648
Yes, very strange.

Thanks Aumoe, it was a real nail-biter. I got the "aircraft disconnected" signal at 58,283 and lost all signal. I was sure it was going into auto landing (40 second blackout), but it didn't! Other than that is was an easy flight out and back with a tailwind both directions.

Thanks Aumoe, it was a real nail-biter. I got the "aircraft disconnected" signal at 58,283 and lost all signal. I was sure it was going into auto landing (40 second blackout), but it didn't! Other than that is was an easy flight out and back with a tailwind both directions.
Yeah you made it look easy boss disconnects are scary Until you get it back and looks likely didn’t split the data on you

Reactions: mlash
Yeah you made it look easy boss disconnects are scary Until you get it back and looks likely didn’t split the data on you
They must have fixed the android bug (splitting the logs) with the new Go4 apps. I do have an Ipad Pro 9.7 but I prefer to fly with my Nvidea Tablet so I can use my Headplay Goggles so I'm glad they fixed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67