DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Yes, as dirkclod mentions, there are many variables.
Would like to see your Airdata. You have a decent range, so why not get on the board?;)
I’m preparing my video for YouTube as we speak. Got everything I need and plan on submitting :)

I agree,Iv flew 27000’and batt was 50% and time to return home, 0 wind that day, usually have 15% batt left,not something I will risk the drone plus the expense sc I invested in

I did it by flying until 50%. Turn back and get home at 0%.
Not a ‘smart’ game, but if it is truly calm, the math checks out!

for me, 9600m(ish) is the best I’ve achieved- each way. But I’ve done it several times.

I did it by flying until 50%. Turn back and get home at 0%.
Not a ‘smart’ game, but if it is truly calm, the math checks out!

for me, 9600m(ish) is the best I’ve achieved- each way. But I’ve done it several times.
Yea I went to 50% at around 25000ft but then landed at 15%. It was 12mph head winds above 300ft. Flew about 26mph. On the way back though, it booked it at around 31mph. Probably how I got back at 15%.

You don't have to do anything , the batteries voltage/meter will just not drop as fast as it does normally . You can see it in top left of video . You will need to change a few parameters for best results
Which parameters do you recommend changing, for best results?

It really depends on the setup and the weather . I go faster when using a lighter battery setup, an slower with the heavy ones, seems to work for me . I do any where from 25 to 35 on tilt to control speed, I do battery type 3 , there is a couple of parameters i do use to stop auto land put both at 0 (they are at 10 before change) , I turn off all avoidance features , and I always make sure it's set to return home if it disconnects. That's all i can think of right now

It really depends on the setup and the weather . I go faster when using a lighter battery setup, an slower with the heavy ones, seems to work for me . I do any where from 25 to 35 on tilt to control speed, I do battery type 3 , there is a couple of parameters i do use to stop auto land put both at 0 (they are at 10 before change) , I turn off all avoidance features , and I always make sure it's set to return home if it disconnects. That's all i can think of right now
Thanks for the reply and settings. I'm primarily interested in the longest flight time, within a 5 mile range, in P mode at 31mph, in 10-15 mile winds, while shooting continuous 4K video.

What battery with XT60 connector would you currently recommend for optimal use, where the goal is increased flight time, rather than extreme distance (which aren't necessarily in conflict!)?

I'm currently landing between 0 and 10% on the stock batteries, but average flight time is now down to 22 minutes, and 25 minutes at most on a brand new M2 battery in no wind. Total flight distance is typically 55,000 feet, but no time for Spherical Panos along the way, or lingering at any discoveries. I've killed two M2 batteries going 2 minutes past 0% when I lingered too long. Need a bigger cushion!

It really depends on the setup and the weather . I go faster when using a lighter battery setup, an I go slower with the heavy ones, seems to work for me . I do any where from 25 to 35 on tilt, I do battery type 3 , there is a couple of parameters i do use to stop auto land i put both at 0 (they are at 10 before change) , I turn off all avoidance features , and I always make sure it's set to return home if/when it disconnects.
Thanks for the reply and settings. I'm primarily interested in the longest flight time, within a 5 mile range, in P mode at 31mph, in 10-15 mile winds, while shooting continuous 4K video.

What battery with XT60 connector would you currently recommend for optimal use, where the goal is increased flight time, rather than extreme distance (which aren't necessarily in conflict!)?

I'm currently landing between 0 and 10% on the stock batteries, but average flight time is now down to 22 minutes, and 25 minutes at most on a brand new M2 battery in no wind. Total flight distance is typically 55,000 feet, but no time for Spherical Panos along the way, or lingering at any discoveries. I've killed two M2 batteries going 2 minutes past 0% when I lingered too long. Need a bigger cushion!
You could do something like a muiltistar 5200mah with a battery clip or hardwire it. I get around 35 to 38 minutes with one , an haven't had it try to auto land yet. They do pretty good with anything under 1400grams
15950307239683260436519658000960.jpg15950307909797298404364922768445.jpg15950308294806867122676044716046.jpg

Reactions: maven4336
It really depends on the setup and the weather . I go faster when using a lighter battery setup, an I go slower with the heavy ones, seems to work for me . I do any where from 25 to 35 on tilt, I do battery type 3 , there is a couple of parameters i do use to stop auto land i put both at 0 (they are at 10 before change) , I turn off all avoidance features , and I always make sure it's set to return home if/when it disconnects.
You could do something like a muiltistar 5200mah with a battery clip or hardwire it. I get around 35 to 38 minutes with one , an haven't had it try to auto land yet. They do pretty good with anything under 1400grams
View attachment 108110View attachment 108112View attachment 108113
Awesome! That would be an insane improvement! I just recently received the M2 battery clip, and might even have the 5200mah Multistar, if it survived being stored unmaintained over the last year or two! I modded all my P3P's and P4's with both antenna and battery mods, but once the P4P and M2 came out, the stock range was sufficient and the battery life acceptable, until recently. Thanks for all your help! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Aumoe
Anybody gonna update this? I submitted mine awhile ago.

Anybody gonna update this? I submitted mine awhile ago.
My apologies @Amckim2084 . I have been on assignment the last few months. The board is now updated with your entry.;)
Would like to see you go for more range! Nice run!Thumbswayup

My apologies @Amckim2084 . I have been on assignment the last few months. The board is now updated with your entry.;)
Would like to see you go for more range! Nice run!Thumbswayup
Thanks, I just happened to come by to take a look at the board and noticed it hadn't changed for awhile. I might try another go at it someday.

Stock class:
Airdata always shows 100ft less than the app.

Sport mode really paying off flying out with the wind. The Mavic 2 aero is extremely efficient so don't be afraid to throttle it above P mode speed. View attachment 47187View attachment 47188
Sorry but no. I tried this 5 times with sport mode on 5 different days with different weather conditions. Sport mode eats the battery up. 36000ft at 54% battery? No way. I was at 21000-22000ft at 50% almost every time. Also, how did your max battery temp not go over 32 degrees F? Sorry but I call BS on this one being all stock.

I finally went out and beat my own record. Should bump myself up from 13th to 10th place. Again, all stock. No mods, range extenders, etc. @Long Ranger

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Long Ranger
I finally went out and beat my own record. Should bump myself up from 13th to 10th place. Again, all stock. No mods, range extenders, etc. @Long Ranger

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Another Nice Run! Great to see you advance! Time to Mod up!;)
Board Updated!

Reactions: Amckim2084
BVLOS is legal in America?
To answer your question no it isn’t. But also before you get started
let me show you this from our guidelines.
15. The Community Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the community owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242