DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I think we need guidance from @BudWalker and @lolo780 on this one.

And where has @CyberNate, @Phxbird57, @digdat0, @Ed209, @dirtybum, @MacIak, and @chazz been hiding?? We need them here contributing.

Many folks are speculating that the new platforms will be so locked down that few mod's are possible. I predict the Mavic2 will be a renaissance of the original phantom range competitions and breathe new life into the sport that so many of us are drawn to and love.

I want to get buy in and general consensus from those that compete here (and ignore the fools that complain but have never attempted to compete). And get this buttoned up before the next models are released. We know the current rules are flawed, why would we not try to fix known issues that everyone with an interest in this agrees to? Because we know the first day the first units hit our doorsteps in the mail, everyone will be itching to get on the board. And if we listen to the naysayers, we can laugh foolheartedly in a few weeks at them for being so wise to direct us how to use our time.

Peace to all and good evening gentlemen and @MrsTreat.
Sorry been busy Just catching up on the thread right now. At this point I do not have a MP2. I switched to a mini4 for a viewing. Coming to find out my temperatures in AZ is causing problems with the mini4. was flying out side temp was about 90 and climbing and my mini4 after 10 minutes of flying started blocking and green screen.
It's great to see someone taking over the leader board.
Phxbird57

Reactions: Aumoe and lolo780
Finally made it a little farther out Long Ranger.
Board updated! @Aumoe!
Guess your still doing it with the 8000? Keep it up! I know you are at your limits now!
I guess that's what makes you #1 on Modifieds! It is A Amazing Feat!!!! Thumbswayup

11 to spare w/ autoland removed, well thats just a nice relaxing flight
emoji41.png
@Aumoe
I did add the signal boost from No limit drones . It works well
Screenshot_20190705-134030_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Joebie and lolo780
You guys running the 8000mah are you using xt60? Recently acquired this battery, same specs as the 6000mah hobbystar, I asked the company if it could come with a xt60 instead of the huge xt90, but they said the xt60 isn’t up to the job.... I think I’m going to prove them wrong by chucking a xt60 on it
3aca9e6804f4fce669b68e9f300b29ce.jpg

Reactions: Aumoe
You guys running the 8000mah are you using xt60? Recently acquired this battery, same specs as the 6000mah hobbystar, I asked the company if it could come with a xt60 instead of the huge xt90, but they said the xt60 isn’t up to the job.... I think I’m going to prove them wrong by chucking a xt60 on it
3aca9e6804f4fce669b68e9f300b29ce.jpg
I use the xt60 connectors on all of mine works fine

XT30 and short 16ga wire is plenty for long range flying.
You could test by measuring voltage drop between the battery cells and ESC board and power the AC up while strapped to a bench.
With the M1, I combined 2 x 4500 packs, changed the heavy gauge wires to 16ga, shortened balance leads, and run into the shell with a single flush mounted XT30. Saves quite a few grams.

Reactions: Dicky4480
XT30 and short 16ga wire is plenty for long range flying.
You could test by measuring voltage drop between the battery cells and ESC board and power the AC up while strapped to a bench.
With the M1, I combined 2 x 4500 packs, changed the heavy gauge wires to 16ga, shortened balance leads, and run into the shell with a single flush mounted XT30. Saves quite a few grams.
When are you going to post some long range modified flights with the mavic 2? I know you have already made a few :). I have managed not to get a scratch on it yet (knock on wood) and over 22 million ft . What are u up to?
E2FE212F-42CD-47C2-B011-591A3BCAF3ED.png

Last edited:
What’s up guys,
Just ordered mine and can’t wait to fly. Saw a YouTube video on a flight that was about 8.8 miles long and after searching google for the batter found this forum. Anyone have instructions on performing the mod and which is the best batter to order? Thanks ahead.

What’s up guys,
Just ordered mine and can’t wait to fly. Saw a YouTube video on a flight that was about 8.8 miles long and after searching google for the batter found this forum. Anyone have instructions on performing the mod and which is the best batter to order? Thanks ahead.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots and the M2 Range leaderboard thread rayrod354!
Some of the board members may charm in on your question soon enough.

Anyone know what the UK record us for the mp2/zoom ? I think I’m the only guy from the uk on the board at the moment? I’m curious ?

Hey @Long Ranger are you able to remove my modded flight by any chance? I no longer own a mavic 2 so will no longer be partaking in the leaderboards, many thanks [emoji1360]

Hey @DroneMaster are you able to remove my modded flight by any chance? I no longer own a mavic 2 so will no longer be partaking in the leaderboards, many thanks [emoji1360]
Your current entry is a part of history for this leaderboard! There is no reason for me to remove you from the list unless you want me to. Just because you are no longer participating does not remove you.
You have a record.
Are you sure you want me to remove the entry in its entirety?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82