DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
What! Still no suicide entries? With all the wind flyaways, someone ought to be willing to sacrifice a downwind flyaway and chase it for the record! ;)
Not exactly sure if you'd call mine a "suicide" flight as it was a pretty safe place to test it, but I was able to fly it one way 33,087' (according to the Fly app). I think I could have made it further but I started to RTH because I didn't want to have to walk 33,087' and back to retrieve it. ? I'm curious to see how much further I can fly it. Pretty amazing drone!

Attachments

• minilongflight.jpg
    minilongflight.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 48
Here's the Airdata. Thanks for letting me know about that site. It's awesome.

A well done flight! I am going to place this one on the One way board.
Boards will be updated shortly!;)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks man, here’s the video:

That was cool to watch! I notice the clicking of the sticks as you keep the bird on path! Ahh, that adrenaline push that gives us the range results. Nice job!
Also good to hear that you were able to retrieve your Mini!Thumbswayup

What settings are available for loss of signal on the Mini?
Had it lost signal before landing, with any battery left, it might have tried to RTH within 11 seconds!
Good job!
View attachment 95755
That's a very good question and a good point. I was playing with fire there as clearly the RTH path went over the lake. Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the RTH path? I.e., make the return path line go over land instead of a lake?

I am submitting this one not sure which one to ask, SO I'll let you decide. All stock except the Carbon fiber props I put on it. I think I could do 17,000 this way. I want to say the props did helped in the handling. Had a 3 to 5 mph wind out of the east. So I had a little help going out. watch the amps go up as I turned around. I'll have a video up later with the telemetry.

Reactions: Long Ranger
Board updated! I am sure there are many more who want to enter and get on this leaderboard. Don’t be shy. Show us your range with being as responsible as possible.
Be sure to read the requirements. Thanks!,, LR....

I am submitting modified class FCC

A very nice run! May I ask what mods you made to achieve this range?
Thanks and the board will be updated shortly!;)

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS FCC flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

2 5.8ghz 23dbi antennas, 2 sunhan boosters, stock mini running 3s mavic pro battery for a external and 3s spark battery as a internal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-124932.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-124932.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200418-142007.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-142007.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I am submitting this MODIFIED FCC CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom