DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Yes, very good! You have the perfect spot there. Are you running the lipo version of multistar? I think you are. You definitely should get an Lihv. Or maybe you shouldn't. You need a handicap ;-).
LOL looks like I handicap myself on this flight!!! Yeah it's the standard lipo. Been working good for me especially on the bottom end. I haven't tried the high-voltage battery yet got three different sizes coming though. I'm going to need them if I want to keep up with you. Give it hell next time u go out bro!!!

LOL looks like I handicap myself on this flight!!! Yeah it's the standard lipo. Been working good for me especially on the bottom end. I haven't tried the high-voltage battery yet got three different sizes coming though. I'm going to need them if I want to keep up with you. Give it **** next time u go out bro!!!

I'm conceding to you right now. I will never be able to out do you once you get those new batteries. My environment sucks out here. I'm struggling to keep up with you with 2 huge 4000mah batteries. You have that you'll probably get like 60,000 ;-).

I'll be in rural Germany for 3 weeks starting June 15th, so maybe I can find a good spot out there to do some runs. The bay area is tricky with the wifi noise and coastal weather.

I just put that together out of spare parts from some other tripod stands that pro charge 97 has built me in the past. Turned out pretty good and rocksolid
f5c685d3401c3520a88c5a74d2578b70.jpg

I should get a tripod. I get tired of standing so still for 30 minutes. Plus it's hard to take a screenshot when you hav a heavy modified controller with battery pack, amplifiers, antenna, etc. I always feel like I'm going to drop it just trying to reach the sport mode switch.

Reactions: Natedoggz
I should get a tripod. I get tired of standing so still for 30 minutes. Plus it's hard to take a screenshot when you hav a heavy modified controller with battery pack, amplifiers, antenna, etc. I always feel like I'm going to drop it just trying to reach the sport mode switch.
same here lol

Reactions: CyberNate
abf5705b36648445143d4235d763ce67.jpg

Maiden flight(actually the second time it was in the air, first time was 10 feet high and 4 feet in front of me just to test functions) everything was looking good, great battery management, decent bat% on the turn around, then this happened
91366fd6c3742edca67196276bec8398.jpg

Lost satalites, atti kicked in, no problem, but then had no Google map, thank goodness it was daylight, then the camera start panning slowly from one side to the other, it was really disorientating, I did my best to stay on track to the nearest field. Somethings messed up with this bird. Too bad because I would've had plenty of battery. Stock a/c & r/c .400fw
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV

Maiden flight(actually the second time it was in the air, first time was 10 feet high and 4 feet in front of me just to test functions) everything was looking good, great battery management, decent bat% on the turn around, then this happened

Lost satalites, atti kicked in, no problem, but then had no Google map, thank goodness it was daylight, then the camera start panning slowly from one side to the other, it was really disorientating, I did my best to stay on track to the nearest field. Somethings messed up with this bird. Too bad because I would've had plenty of battery. Stock a/c & r/c .400fw

That sucks! Definitely a problem with the bird. I've never seen behavior like that on mine Only issues I have are with the camera quality and application on the device. Now the issue is when you send the Mavic in for repair, they will send you a refurbished one which are not always so good. The refurbished one I got had camera lens mis-alignment causing focus issues. I also had erratic battery errors when using battery mod. My new one is rock solid (which I bought new at Best Buy).

Yes, I know. I just like tinkering with the dat file and software. I'm relatively new to this hobby. Nice to have a new tool to use. This record is weak sauce. Someone needs to push this up to the high 40K near 50K.
Nate, I'm shocked you're getting that kind of range in the Palo Alto area, even with the antenna mod. That's quite impressive.

Nate, I'm shocked you're getting that kind of range in the Palo Alto area, even with the antenna mod. That's quite impressive.

Yes, the mod helps a great deal. It is spotty though. I have a real challenge to get that range some days. In cases I'll hit a spot with strong interference and the craft will do this stop and go as the connection is lost and regained. That kills the battery. That's what happened on my last 44,300 ft range flight.along with some strong headwind. If I could maintain signal consistently, I would have been well over 47K. Stock antenna is still good for over 24,000 in this area. I've done it in the past.

Yes, the mod helps a great deal. It is spotty though. I have a real challenge to get that range some days. In cases I'll hit a spot with strong interference and the craft will do this stop and go as the connection is lost and regained. That kills the battery. That's what happened on my last 44,300 ft range flight.along with some strong headwind. If I could maintain signal consistently, I would have been well over 47K. Stock antenna is still good for over 24,000 in this area. I've done it in the past.
Is the signal unobstructed the entire way?

I've flown 3.5 miles easily, only reason I turned back was because I got scared

**** dude that really sucks. I hope that was just a satellite error and that it doesn't happen again.

Reactions: dirtybum
I'm conceding to you right now. I will never be able to out do you once you get those new batteries. My environment sucks out here. I'm struggling to keep up with you with 2 huge 4000mah batteries. You have that you'll probably get like 60,000 ;-).

I'll be in rural Germany for 3 weeks starting June 15th, so maybe I can find a good spot out there to do some runs. The bay area is tricky with the wifi noise and coastal weather.
There's alot of good pilots in the running right now. A couple of them are just as crazy as you and me. It's anybody's guess who's going to be on top. Good luck to you in Germany I hope you find a great spot.

I've just flown 6,201m from home which is 20,344 feet. Details:

- Stock
- Flying in Singapore, over the sea, interference from many boats / ships
- Interference started hitting me mostly after 4km (> 13,123 feet)
- Flown at about 50km/h (P-Mode with turned off OA, ~31mph)
- Warm weather, a bit cloudy, about 29C (84F)
- Came back at about 14% battery
- Height mostly at 100m (328 feet) and when coming back went down to 60m (196 feet)
- Mostly not windy

Feeling like I can do much better if I find a time with less ships, some good wind, and most importantly find the most efficient rpm.

@JakeMaxxUAV can you please update? Thanks!

32af1139438179a06618df538aa4da8c.jpg

ec65ae647416457d60cefcdecad7ab9a.jpg

609d79f8b9e1bced2f532444130ce593.jpg

This tripod setup suits me. Thanks to the misses for the Manfrotto BeFree Live tripod. Makes an awesome separate iPad holder too when I "Goggle"

So my next goal is 50,000 ft. I've calculated that I need just over 34 minutes battery to do it. This assumes a headwind of around 4-6 mph averaging 29-30 mph out and around 37-38 mph on the way back. Now I just need to right day to do it and hope that signal cooperates with me. Some days I get zero video interruptions and other days complete disconnects along the way. Those disconnects kill battery economy. I guess I could fly over the bay, but it's a high cost for failure with the bird going for a swim. Over the bay, I could fly stock controller and have enough signal. I've flown over the bay before and had basically no signal loss out over 3 miles with stock. I believe my dual 4000mah batteries are up to the task if the wind is low enough. I see that next week weather looks good with warmer temps and low wind.

Perhaps one of you will beat me to it? I know Unknown Caller has some LiHV batteries arriving.

Reactions: digdat0
So my next goal is 50,000 ft. I've calculated that I need just over 34 minutes battery to do it. This assumes a headwind of around 4-6 mph averaging 29-30 mph out and around 37-38 mph on the way back. Now I just need to right day to do it and hope that signal cooperates with me. Some days I get zero video interruptions and other days complete disconnects along the way. Those disconnects kill battery economy. I guess I could fly over the bay, but it's a high cost for failure with the bird going for a swim. Over the bay, I could fly stock controller and have enough signal. I've flown over the bay before and had basically no signal loss out over 3 miles with stock. I believe my dual 4000mah batteries are up to the task if the wind is low enough. I see that next week weather looks good with warmer temps and low wind.

Perhaps one of you will beat me to it? I know Unknown Caller has some LiHV batteries arriving.
id like to join, my camera still having issues. i replaced gimbal motor, nogo. Gimbal ribbon seemed to do it, but i downgraded to .400 again and now its acting up, wont center .. and upgrading back to .700 didnt fix. I dont think these 3rd party gimbal ribbons are the same as DJI. Good luck man, i'm routing for ya! 50k would be huge.

This morning I did 43160 feet and back with my mavic. Certainly not a world-beating record but I learned some things about standard LiPO batteries with the mavic on this one. I know that everybody is on the high-voltage tip right now , but the standard LiPO batteries are amazing in the last 12%. I flew about 7000 feet in low-power mode at 22 miles per hour and I only used 6% battery. I'm figuring I have anywhere between 6 and 8 minutes left of flight time after I hit Landing mode with the 5200. I doubt very seriously the high-voltage battery would come close to that. I believe the saddlebag battery charges the main battery in landing mode. I don't know I just figured I'd share that with you guys. In my opinion though if the mavic was faster in landing mode the standard lipo would be superior to the high voltage batteries , but because it only does 22 or 23 miles an hour they can't make up the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.PNG
    IMG_0297.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0298.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads