DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Disabled and removed. Forward VPS just seems to pick up false obstacles and I definitely dont miss it.

The camera is fixed around 25 deg downwards.
3b6287146d951ca2d0f01da03030fc8d.jpg

Last edited:
You mean you had VPS disabled or you had it completely removed from the AC? Maybe I had to plug everything in because the sensors and everything are still attached. Question lolo, why was your camera facing the sky?

Yes, from outer space back towards earth ;-).

A point to ponder... we have been discussing the "rules of the game" and the lines are getting very blurry. I was doing a thought experiment playing this out to the end of possibilities and what can be verified/enforced.

Again, I still think 2 categories:

1) Factory battery cell on any Mav/Plat combo of hardware modified or not.
2) Any battery addition on any Mav/Plat combo of hardware modified or not.

And I would add a rule that the only criteria for a bird to be considered a Mav is you retain the 2 main system boards and Mav software. I would propose that everything else has the potential to be mod'd or removed. Any other proposal would make it impossible to verify or enforce.

Just thinkin' out loud...

A point to ponder... we have been discussing the "rules of the game" and the lines are getting very blurry. I was doing a thought experiment playing this out to the end of possibilities and what can be verified/enforced.

Again, I still think 2 categories:

1) Factory battery cell on any Mav/Plat combo of hardware modified or not.
2) Any battery addition on any Mav/Plat combo of hardware modified or not.

And I would add a rule that the only criteria for a bird to be considered a Mav is you retain the 2 main system boards and Mav software. I would propose that everything else has the potential to be mod'd or removed. Any other proposal would make it impossible to verify or enforce.

Just thinkin' out loud...

Main boards and working camera for modded. Stock should be completely stock in my opinion. I appreciate Lolo's work, but that flight shouldn't be included in the stock leaderboard. @dirtybum should still be first.

Update: I mean @Unknown Caller should be first. Forgot about the platinum flight.

I vote stock everything to be on the stock board, nothing removed of any kind, and no weight modifications. And I second Nate's comment that lolos and all the other weight hackers here deserve a nod for experimenting in the way they have.
And by the way, the only verification that flight needs is someone's honesty, out of all the distance fliers I've spoke with in the past three years, none of them took any pride in cheating or faking flights, with the exception of maybe a couple, and it was really easy to spot.
As for modded flight, I think it should have to have a camera and the name mav should pop up in your airdata. Any other modification in that category is fair game. Like I said before these rules are already part of Jake's on the other two boards I don't know why they didn't automatically apply here

That is just another thing..should platinum be on the same list?
Sorry to interfere, not really my corner..

I think so, back when the PIII first came out with the new style motors that were a couple minutes more efficient everybody just started switching to that AC for their leaderboard runs ,but it's all still a PIII.

abf5705b36648445143d4235d763ce67.jpg

Maiden flight(actually the second time it was in the air, first time was 10 feet high and 4 feet in front of me just to test functions) everything was looking good, great battery management, decent bat% on the turn around, then this happened
91366fd6c3742edca67196276bec8398.jpg

Lost satalites, atti kicked in, no problem, but then had no Google map, thank goodness it was daylight, then the camera start panning slowly from one side to the other, it was really disorientating, I did my best to stay on track to the nearest field. Somethings messed up with this bird. Too bad because I would've had plenty of battery. Stock a/c & r/c .400fw
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Main boards and working camera for modded. Stock should be completely stock in my opinion. I appreciate Lolo's work, but that flight shouldn't be included in the stock leaderboard. @dirtybum should still be first.

Update: I mean @Unknown Caller should be first. Forgot about the platinum flight.

Hey Nate, and @JakeMaxxUAV, when you made this comment about me,hehumm, I mean dirty bum being 1st place,it prompted me to look back at the board, I did not know I was placed that high, so I searched all the way through this thread, finally found a flight that was posted for 27,000, that flight never actually made it home, a couple miles from it actually. I posted the flight just to show my first flight not because it was an actual record broken. So if Jake could please erase that entry. I've made a 25,000 stock but not 27[emoji41]

BTW @JakeMaxxUAV,
Could you please place the post number at the end of the entries on the leaderboard, obviously not the ones that already done but in the future? It was such a pain to go back and try to find even my own post. Unless you think it would muddle up the entry. But I think it would be useful to have post number on there in the future

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
BTW @JakeMaxxUAV,
Could you please place the post number at the end of the entries on the leaderboard, obviously not the ones that already done but in the future? It was such a pain to go back and try to find even my own post. Unless you think it would muddle up the entry. But I think it would be useful to have post number on there in the future
your kinda a pain in the butt, i think the work is deserved. kidding lol ... :) I think thats a good idea. Maybe those who are on the board can post the link to their top flight and we can collect em and make Jakes life easier. It can't be easy working the night shift ..

BTW @JakeMaxxUAV,

Yep, I can start doing that!

rvISRyY.jpg

FPV camera mod weight. Add a gram of double side tape + Velcro and snap away.

The two ribbon cables to the core board are 0.8g but I leave them in for convenience of swapping from no camera, FPV or full gimbal.

cybernate, my thought experiment was based on what is provable and enforceable (not on what it should be in the spirit of the game). How would we know if someone dropped some weight in the stock category and didn't report it? My only point was that if we leave cracks in the rules, people will exploit them. So we can "hope" people follow the rules, or make the rules so that it is not possible to break them and everyone is on a level playing field. IMHO, the only other way to do this is have a certification board to verify the birds meet the definition of "stock" and that is a burdensome endeavor. My $0.02

We'll need a video taking off and landing on a gram scale. Show that all 4 arms fold like stock and WiFi connecting. Move gimbal in flight... One my my stock Mavics has a new upper shell without a sticker which drops 0.4g. Is that still stock approved? [emoji1]

For my stock flight, I agree it shouldn't be included if the rules are completely stock aircraft hardware.

Last edited:
cybernate, my thought experiment was based on what is provable and enforceable (not on what it should be in the spirit of the game). How would we know if someone dropped some weight in the stock category and didn't report it? My only point was that if we leave cracks in the rules, people will exploit them. So we can "hope" people follow the rules, or make the rules so that it is not possible to break them and everyone is on a level playing field. IMHO, the only other way to do this is have a certification board to verify the birds meet the definition of "stock" and that is a burdensome endeavor. My $0.02

Most people that want to be on the stock leaderboard don't want to have to hack up their Mavic to compete. 99.9% of people competing here are going to be honest. The one person that decides he wants to be the best stock flight so he's going to tack on a 1000 extra mah or drill holes and remove camera will not only have to live with his own fake glory, most likely it will be pretty transparent to the rest of us. As it stands right now there's not a huge competition for the stock board so I think you could just make it a rule that stock is stock and see what happens.
It's up to each of you to decide if you want to tell Jake to take down your flights if they don't comply with what the community feels the guidelines should be set at. I think as the board stands right now, unknown caller should be the stock leader. I also think mod board flights that didnt have a cam should go back to the drawing board. But that's just my old school opinion.

These carbon props are light! Going to try on front only at first.

View attachment 25251
I bought that style hub and a set of the t motor style mounting which are supposed to be lighter still. At my shop I can machine adapters or will try to bolt the prop straight to the Mavic motor bell.
Can you weigh the Snail adapter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1