DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Wow you must’ve got a good batch of the Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000mAh 3S. Everyone I know that was flying them in the past couldn’t get beyond 49K. Our battery seem to be performing almost a denticle distance to percentage of battery. What is the weight Multistar 4000s? I believe my 2 LRP ANTIX 4600 Way 45 to 65 more grams. It might be worth trying a flight with one 4000 and one 5200 Multistar strap to the belly of the MP.

Wow you must’ve got a good batch of the Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000mAh 3S. Everyone I know that was flying them in the past couldn’t get beyond 49K. Our battery seem to be performing almost a denticle distance to percentage of battery. What is the weight Multistar 4000s? I believe my 2 LRP ANTIX 4600 Way 45 to 65 more grams. It might be worth trying a flight with one 4000 and one 5200 Multistar strap to the belly of the MP.
The 4000 LiHV multi's weigh around 275g, I would love to try some proteks but it would cost $248 just to have 2 delivered to the UK. I've just bought some normal 4000 multistar lipos that I'm going overcharge to 4.35 and see how I get on with those, I'll also try your idea of a 5200 & 4000

Last edited:
Reactions: **mick**
@JakeMaxxUAV
58,904ft
Jul 7th, 2018 09:38AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.1.3 on iOS | Total Mileage: 117,925 ft | United Kingdom | Airdata UAV

I believe I could be 1st in the UK to achieve this?
Homemade 14dbi antenna
Battery mod

Flying environment
Countryside
small towns
electricity pylons
Lots of trees at the endView attachment 41525

Great flight, and you still have 3% left in the tank. what batteries were using?

That’s one of the nicest antennas I have seen[emoji106]

Thanks Bro, I was using 2 normal multistar 4000's overcharged to 13.05v
Awesome flight dude!!

I think many of us are just now realizing what unknown caller figured out from the beginning. Overcharging the batteries to critically unsafe levels will yield excellent results (at least in my lab tests and others participating in this thread that I have spoken to).

But you still killed it and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

@JakeMaxxUAV
58,904ft
Jul 7th, 2018 09:38AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.1.3 on iOS | Total Mileage: 117,925 ft | United Kingdom | Airdata UAV
View attachment 41572 View attachment 41573

I believe I could be 1st in the UK to achieve this?
Homemade 14dbi antenna
Battery mod

Flying environment
Countryside
small towns
electricity pylons
Lots of trees at the endView attachment 41525

Dude!!! I just watched your video, just before your turn the elevation changed dramatically and you were on a direct crash course to the tree tops. Then you increased altitude at the very last second. Nice flying and so much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: whenever you see any tree top extend over the horizon, flyer beware :)

upload_2018-7-12_0-45-49.png

Dude!!! I just watched your video, just before your turn the elevation changed dramatically and you were on a direct crash course to the tree tops. Then you increased altitude at the very last second. Nice flying and so much fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: whenever you see any tree top extend over the horizon, flyer beware :)
Thanks bro, yep the ground is defiantly way higher out there. I already had a flight out there on my 1st run that day but turned back home above the trees at 52k

Got some good feedback so far on the proposed new format for the next leader board for the anticipated Mavic2. But we need much more debate and feedback from all those that currently have a ranking here in this thread.

Please take 5 minutes and go over the proposed material and post your comments here:

Official Mavic2 Range Leaderboard

Reactions: Aumoe
Last edited:
58,927 ft

@JakeMaxxUAV please add my new personal best to the leaderboard 58,927 ft

Jul 16th, 2018 05:57AM | General / Large Map | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.2.6 on iOS | Total Mileage: 117,958 ft | United States | Airdata UAV

Yellow brick(2 LRP ANTIX 4600 GRAPHENE BATTERIES)
Titan Drones Atlas powering a MaxxUAV Maxxrange antenna
Weather was around 70°, high humidity, calm winds

View attachment 42180

View attachment 42181

So did you truly lose radio contact, or was this the known hard distance limit kicking in? And did you decrease breaking setting to get over the limit?

upload_2018-7-16_15-41-31.png

Last edited:
So did you truly lose radio contact, or was this the known hard distance limit kicking in? And did you decrease breaking setting to get over the limit?

View attachment 42183

The hard distance limit kicked in. I have not made any adjustments to my breaking, I believe it still set at 100 or 130. Lolo is the only one I know that has turned off his breaking. That’s why he is 1250 feet a head of everyone. I am only went 8 feet farther then unknown caller 58,919 and only 23 feet further than **Mick** 58,904.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aumoe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000