DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Smart Controller stuck in Customs thread

You then have to wait to see if FedEx sends you a bill for handling the customs problem. They often send an invoice weeks later to the receiver of the goods, with a sum to pay which states for customs clearance work along with their added handling charge included in the total.
They’d have a hard time collecting from me !!

I ordered a MP2 Z with new controller on Monday. WAS scheduled to arrive today b4 10:30 am. Updated on Wed and like the others, it was a "clearance delay" in Memphis.
I checked the Fed Ex tracking this morning at 5am and IT HAS CLEARED. New scheduled date is Monday, Jan 29 b4 10:30 am. I had jumped on ordering it through the DJI site as soon as the out of stock notice was removed. Hopefully for others you also should be seeing the clearance delay lifted.

Thank you for staying on top of it I’m right there with you I’m very pissed off I was getting ready for my controller tomorrow I’m a licensed electrician self-employed I’ve lost thousands of dollars for tomorrow which is now destroyed very upset will have a tough time sleeping and yes they need to give us a definite coupons anything they can to make this up to us but mainly they need to step up and get this resolved immediately can you watch ridiculous we’re dealing with the biggest drone company in the world and for something like this to be missed as a professional company is astounding to me I’m going to contact channel 5 news and just a little while and see if I can up the process to get this resolved I’ve spent over $10,000 with this company and I am way past upset

Just a little curious as to the why not receiving your new controller on time would cause a loss of thousands of dollars. Why can't you simply keep using you're existing RC until such time as the new one is eventually delivered?

Reactions: Clinton1
I’m still using existing controller, big money Day is when Iv got a 400amp load center to upgrade 2800$ in 5 hours is what I missed out on, working with some commercial contractors do not accept delay

I’m still using existing controller, big money Day is when Iv got a 400amp load center to upgrade 2800$ in 5 hours is what I missed out on, working with some commercial contractors do not accept delay

Sorry, I must have missed something obvious but how exactly did not having the new controller cause you to miss out on the job and lose money ?

Reactions: Clinton1
I sacrificed the job thinking I was going to get my controller is what I meant, was very stupid on my part

My Smart controller got held up in Memphis customs - declared "Commercial Invoice is incomplete ". Seems a bit incompetent from DJI, but was really held up for less than a day - now showing that it will meet original arrival date.

Just got my “shipment release” from customs 7:09 AM (1/25) this morning ! YES!!!! Delivery rescheduled for Monday, January 28 by 10:30 AM :cool:

Received an email from FedEx, mine should arrive Monday as well.

Mine seems to have bypassed that hurdle - as fedex shows this tracking data, see below. it is peculiar.
  • Saturday , 1/26/2019
    5:58 am
    EAST BOSTON, MA
    At destination sort facility
  • 2:45 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location
  • Friday , 1/25/2019
    11:41 pm
    MEMPHIS, TN
    International shipment release - Import
  • 10:55 pm
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • 10:10 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • 5:15 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • 11:41 am
    SHENZHEN CN
    Left FedEx origin facility
  • Thursday , 1/24/2019
    10:06 pm
    SHENZHEN CN
    At FedEx origin facility
  • 8:37 pm
    SHENZHEN CN
    Picked up
    Package received after FedEx cutoff
  • 6:09 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Reactions: retiredwon
944d6bd650529c991d6d8457b242f25c.jpg

Arrived in Ct today

Mine seems to have bypassed that hurdle - as fedex shows this tracking data, see below. it is peculiar.
  • Saturday , 1/26/2019
    5:58 am
    EAST BOSTON, MA
    At destination sort facility
  • 2:45 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location
  • Friday , 1/25/2019
    11:41 pm
    MEMPHIS, TN
    International shipment release - Import
  • 10:55 pm
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • 10:10 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • 5:15 pm
    LANTAU ISLAND HK
    In transit
  • 11:41 am
    SHENZHEN CN
    Left FedEx origin facility
  • Thursday , 1/24/2019
    10:06 pm
    SHENZHEN CN
    At FedEx origin facility
  • 8:37 pm
    SHENZHEN CN
    Picked up
    Package received after FedEx cutoff
  • 6:09 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Shipping info looks right... my order left China on the 22nd and I’m getting it Monday... yours left China on the 24th so in those 2 days my package sat till paperwork was sent to customs... your paperwork was there already by the time it got to Memphis...

Mine is scheduled for delivery by Fedex on Wednesday, Jan 30. No mention of a delay on the Fedex tracker info
link.

944d6bd650529c991d6d8457b242f25c.jpg

Arrived in Ct today
Great! Pls confirm what run time will you get from yours. I am now a bit frustrated as some reviews say with sun out at max screen brightness they got just 90 minutes out of it. It is a bit way too short, when you cannot swap a battery out.
I have a 5Ah abd 10Ah usb battery packs i can use to feed it, of course, but, it is not really nice considering price of this thing.

What i really cannot comprehend is, why, if they have made a standard 'intelligent' battery, why they simply did not make a mount port in the controller to accept it. You got to have 4-5 of those anyway and it would make life so much simpler if both radio and drone used same power source. If this radio indeed will have an hour and half battery life and then demand a whole hour to recharge - which is also quite absurd time for such lipo - it will be difficult to live with.

Last edited:
Weird... I ordered mine on the 24th and received it this morning before noon. With a huge snowstorm going on. Heck, if I had wanted to drive to the FedEx terminal, I could have picked it up Sat, as it showed up in town at 6 am. Again, weird.

Reactions: Jonesie911
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks