DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps in Australia

Oglo

Reactions
Anyone able to get Offline maps working in Go4 within Australia?
By this I mean opening up the app while connected to the Internet, but not connected to the RC/MP, and using the apps "Offline maps" selection - from the top right "3 bar" menu option.
I'm using a WiFi only Android tablet and usually connect my RC/MP at home (before heading out to where I'm going to fly) and cache the maps by scrolling around the area, but this is time consuming and repetitive for each outing.

I usually get an "acquiring offline city list" on screen message when I try the menu option, but it doesn't get any list. Trying to do a city search within this same menu doesn't work.

Anyone having any luck with this?
Anyone get this feature to work in Europe or USA?

Cheers

Anyone able to get Offline maps working in Go4 within Australia?
By this I mean opening up the app while connected to the Internet, but not connected to the RC/MP, and using the apps "Offline maps" selection - from the top right "3 bar" menu option.
I'm using a WiFi only Android tablet and usually connect my RC/MP at home (before heading out to where I'm going to fly) and cache the maps by scrolling around the area, but this is time consuming and repetitive for each outing.

I usually get an "acquiring offline city list" on screen message when I try the menu option, but it doesn't get any list. Trying to do a city search within this same menu doesn't work.

Anyone having any luck with this?
Anyone get this feature to work in Europe or USA?

Cheers

Hi,
This feature has not been working on my Android tablets or phones since the last DJI Go4 update, before that it was working fine. There is a problem that has been discussed by many others on this forum. 'Offline map download not working' The only work around that seems to work is either transfer the map folder from another device with the map you want already installed on it..

Copy the map folder from your other device. The folder name is .djiHereMap
Note that since it has a period in front, it is considered a hidden folder so you will need to turn on view system files in Android to be able to see it.

If you don't have that option, I reverted my DJI Go app to version 4.1.3 (found it on apkMirror.com) and this allowed me to find and download the offline maps for Australia.
Hope this helps

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851