DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps not available at DJI Go 4

Gustavo Aguiar

Reactions
Hi, I use my Mavic Pro with 2 devices. The first one is a Moto X Play, there I can find the option to download offline maps through DJI Go 4, but when it comes to the second device, an Asus Zenfone 2, this option (offline maps) is not available. Does anyone knows why?

Thanks!

Are you referring to caching maps using wifi for use in the field? Are you saying the setting for it is missing, or can't be activated?

Interesting... I have three devices, and all three show the 'offline map' option in the main splash-screen menu. And, onto all three I have cached maps. Could it be a low storage space issue with your Zenfone? ie, is there enough drive space available?

Interesting... I have three devices, and all three show the 'offline map' option in the main splash-screen menu. And, onto all three I have cached maps. Could it be a low storage space issue with your Zenfone? ie, is there enough drive space available?
Very weird. I have plenty of space in the main storage (and also in the SD card).

News about the missing offline option.

All of a sudden the option appeared again. And the other device, a moto x play that had the offline map option available disappeared. :/

Coincidence or not, after trying many things like disabling and enabling wifi, mobile and location sensors from the mobile, I disabled the GPS from the missing menu item device and the offline map option reappeared.

Now I'm downloading all the maps I need for the next trip before the option vanishes again!

I sent DJI a support ticket to know more if it's a known bug.

I use two devices:

- a Samsung Galaxy phone, and I have the "Download offline maps" option
- an IPad Pro (without SIM card), and the "Download offline maps" is missing

Maybe this is a Apple IOS specific problem?
I appreciate any comment on this...

I use two devices:

- a Samsung Galaxy phone, and I have the "Download offline maps" option
- an IPad Pro (without SIM card), and the "Download offline maps" is missing

Maybe this is a Apple IOS specific problem?
I appreciate any comment on this...

I have an iPad Pro as well and the option appears on mine. What version of DJI Go are you using?

You might try rolling back to a previous version if others report the same. I never upgrade the app so I can't verify if it's present or not on newer versions. I just know it's available on my DJI Go version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu