DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps on my ipad

Mavic2StingRay

Reactions
Ok guys and gals I am learning this drone thing. Very happy with it so far. New question how do I get a map on my iPad when I am in a area with no cell service or WiFi??? Thanks

I believe you can open dgi go, go to the map view, scroll to where you're flying and load the maps. Don't close the app and then go to where you planned to fly.

I may have done that once (I have a dedicated iPad 5), but I don't recall if it worked.

Fwiw, I picked up a Huawei ascend xt2 android phone for $70 at Walmart (with no cell plan). The android version of go still has offline maps and this an amazingly good phone for the $. My plan is to use the phone when I'm away from wifi.

It amazes me that DJI has not done a better job of dealing with offline maps. The solution as described earlier in this thread is cumbersome at best. Most of my flights take place in offline areas. I would nice to be able to choose Google Maps as my offline maps. I most often use Litchi to fly in these areas. Litchi uses Google Maps. I have several areas that I often fly in cached on my iPad mini. Many tablets do not have an on board GPS receiver. My iPad mini does not, so I use a bluetooth GPS receiver to solve this problem.

Ok guys and gals I am learning this drone thing. Very happy with it so far. New question how do I get a map on my iPad when I am in a area with no cell service or WiFi??? Thanks

Reactions: STUFF2C
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore