DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oh no, a red warning.....

Rockingbilly

Reactions
Out today with the fourth flight with my air 2 quad. After a very short while I got a red warning message on the screen of my iPad saying "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" Should I be worried, what does CPU fully loaded mean?
Also, I tried a video not with 4K, and there was jerking in playback...result.

Reactions: ldallara-air2
Out today with the fourth flight with my air 2 quad. After a very short while I got a red warning message on the screen of my iPad saying "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" Should I be worried, what does CPU fully loaded mean?
it means that you screen device is working at full capacity ,when you use the DJI apps they use a lot of the processing power of the devices CPU so it is struggling to cope ,if it is a dedicated device just for you drone flying ,then its best to delete, or shut down any apps not used for flying the drone, and disable save to cache, this way you free up as much of the CPU as you can to run the app

Thanks for that, long story cut short, I used today an iPad mini2, which is pretty old, but it is much easier to use than the iPad air 2 that I had before. As soon as I've sold the air 2 tablet I am going to get a more modern iPad mini 4 or 5. I hope that will be better than the mini 2. Should I be looking for an iPad mini 4 or 5 with more gb, say 128, or should my priority be that it has/is cellular?

Reactions: Tiger64
Thanks for that, long story cut short, I used today an iPad mini2, which is pretty old, but it is much easier to use than the iPad air 2 that I had before. As soon as I've sold the air 2 tablet I am going to get a more modern iPad mini 4 or 5. I hope that will be better than the mini 2. Should I be looking for an iPad mini 4 or 5 with more gb, say 128, or should my priority be that it has/is cellular?
the capacity ie 32,64,128, is not really an issue unless you want to store a lot of video on the device the CPU is the most important part ,and the better that is the better the app will run ,i use a 6th Gen 9.7 32gig WIFI only I,pad and it runs the GO4 and FLY apps no problem ,you only need cellular if you want detailed maps to show when you are flying ,but you can download them at home before you go if you only have a WIFI I pad

Reactions: Capt KO and Barbara
you only need cellular if you want detailed maps to show when you are flying ,but you can download them at home before you go if you only have a WIFI I pad
Or you can use your phone as a WiFi hotspot to connect your tablet to the internet when you’re out and about.

Or you can use your phone as a WiFi hotspot to connect your tablet to the internet when you’re out and about.
Can I use an older phone for exclusive Drone (MM2) use? The phone is a Galaxy S6, about three years old. I don't care about downloading media like panos, etc.

I'd just have to download DJI Fly via WiFi, right?. Then, I'd be good to go? In other words, once the app is installed, it doesn't need Internet access?

In other words, once the app is installed, it doesn't need Internet access?
Apart from the occasional app and firmware update, that's correct. As @old man mavic said earlier, for day-to-day use you can download any maps you need via WiFi at home before you leave.

Reactions: old man mavic
Can I use an older phone for exclusive Drone (MM2) use? The phone is a Galaxy S6, about three years old. I don't care about downloading media like panos, etc.

I'd just have to download DJI Fly via WiFi, right?. Then, I'd be good to go? In other words, once the app is installed, it doesn't need Internet access?
Not to fly, no, except if you need the map details and didn't cache first. However there are some situations that you'll need internet for firmware and database updates, and to activate the AC when new.

You need the mini five It’s significantly faster than the four.
You don’t need much memory and you don’t need cellular.

Reactions: Dawn Patrol
I get that message periodically on the ipad mini 4. i keep flying and have never suffered adverse effects.

This is the "official" unofficial site to check devices. The S6 is a go but I would say it's borderline as S5 is out. So you might have some lag and picture issues, perhaps not, but at this point I would say a S7 would be bare minimum for somewhat reliable results? For the post by OP with Mini 2...that was DJI obsolete over 2 years ago. The Mini 4 is reporting issues now with the Go 4 app depending on weather conditions... Go no lower than a A8 processor in Apple at this point. :) Of note is Apple products will throttle the processor if above operating temp spec'd (It ain't much), so if you live in warmer climate, go up a model ;) The Mini 5 is king right now for DJI!!!

Favorite/save (whatever you call it :p) this page folks it's good info, and is constantly updated.;) : Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Last edited:
Reactions: FireStorm-X
the capacity ie 32,64,128, is not really an issue unless you want to store a lot of video on the device the CPU is the most important part ,and the better that is the better the app will run ,i use a 6th Gen 9.7 32gig WIFI only I,pad and it runs the GO4 and FLY apps no problem ,you only need cellular if you want detailed maps to show when you are flying ,but you can download them at home before you go if you only have a WIFI I pad
I got that warning message yesterday using an iPad Mini 4. The go4 app was the only app open on the iPad. The warning flashed and I did not have any further issues.

Ipad mini 5 turned up early :) hopefully will be out flying tomorrow with it, all setup and ready to go if the weather is ok

Reactions: Repaid1
I began to have this error after the latest iOS update(14.2) for my iPhone 7+. I get the “CPU Loaded” every time I’ve flown since the update. I’m also losing my signal, the screen freezes for 15 seconds, the picture on my phone jitters. Strangest of all is that the jittering and freezing made its way into the video file. Never had this happen before. I’m wondering if the jittery video file might have to do with an error I get when my computer opens the memory card and it says that “there is a problem with the memory card, would you like to repair it?” Anyone else have this happen?

I was having these same CPU messages come up on my IPad mini 4 when flying my Mavic mini 2 as well. When I was at the Apple store the other day the “Apple Genious” told me to go to settings and down at the bottom of the screen was a reset selection, then choose the Reset All Settings. You will get a window that says “All settings will be reset”. “No data or media will be deleted“. Press reset and it will clear out the CPU. I did that before I flew yesterday afternoon and never got the error. I use this mini iPad only for the Mavic Mini 2 so I’m not sure what all got reset but it resolved the issue I was having…..for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ