DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oh nooooooo

• Thread starter Deleted member 133794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, but I am not sure how this helps with flying MM1&2 from your own back garden in a residential area: don’t you still have to be 150m clear of such areas?

Sub 250g that doesn't apply. You can fly in urban / residential areas even over people - just not over crowds or busy areas.
This video runs through the new rules:

Reactions: M1TNT and CJG
Sub 250g that doesn't apply. You can fly in urban / residential areas even over people - just not over crowds or busy areas.
This video runs through the new rules:
Thanks for this: I will go through the video!

Thanks for this: I will go through the video!
Also take a look at the new Drone Code - all drone flyers should read this carefully and note the differences from the previous code.

Small drones and model aircraft: below 250g, C0 or C1 class​

If you’re flying a drone or model aircraft that’s lighter than 250g or is C0 class, you can fly closer to people than 50m and you can fly over them.

When you’re thinking about how close you can fly, remember, you must never put people in danger. Even small drones and model aircraft could injure people if you don’t fly them safely.

You can fly small drones and model aircraft that are lighter than 250g, or C0 or C1 class, in residential, recreational, commercial and industrial areas.

Reactions: CJG
Also take a look at the new Drone Code - all drone flyers should read this carefully and note the differences from the previous code.

Small drones and model aircraft: below 250g, C0 or C1 class​

If you’re flying a drone or model aircraft that’s lighter than 250g or is C0 class, you can fly closer to people than 50m and you can fly over them.

When you’re thinking about how close you can fly, remember, you must never put people in danger. Even small drones and model aircraft could injure people if you don’t fly them safely.

You can fly small drones and model aircraft that are lighter than 250g, or C0 or C1 class, in residential, recreational, commercial and industrial areas.
I am ashamed to say I thought I was up to date with this stuff: but I am clearly not.

Thanks for this, but I am not sure how this helps with flying MM1&2 from your own back garden in a residential area: don’t you still have to be 150m clear of such areas?
Not since the regs changed on the 31st of December, no. It’s all in the table I provided.

Edit - I see someone else has kindly posted the info. This is what happens when you start typing a post and someone at works has the nerve to call me. :)

My mini 2 arrived yesterday and I cant wait to get out there and fly it somewhere (i did have a go around my garden yesterday but too many obstructions so was very wary). We live near some lovely parks and open spaces which we walk in with the dog daily anyway so would be nice to take the drone on an outing when we are going anyway but not sure how acceptable that is and I don't want to offend any of the locals.

My mini 2 arrived yesterday and I cant wait to get out there and fly it somewhere (i did have a go around my garden yesterday but too many obstructions so was very wary). We live near some lovely parks and open spaces which we walk in with the dog daily anyway so would be nice to take the drone on an outing when we are going anyway but not sure how acceptable that is and I don't want to offend any of the locals.
Fly early, when things are quiet and the light is best; and fly high (no more than 400ft of course) to avoid disturbance

Not since the regs changed on the 31st of December, no. It’s all in the table I provided.

Edit - I see someone else has kindly posted the info. This is what happens when you start typing a post and someone at works has the nerve to call me. :)
Thanks for all the info given, and I am getting ready to purchase a MM2! But its the table that puzzles me..... It seems to clearly say A3 = 150m from congested areas. I shall study more. Does anything happen to under 250g drones in 2023? Do they become legacy A3 only drones then?

Anyway enough of my puzzlement! Any recommendations for the best value place to buy a MM2 Flymore combo in the UK? Cheers!

Where are you based in the UK?

Thanks for all the info given, and I am getting ready to purchase a MM2! But its the table that puzzles me..... It seems to clearly say A3 = 150m from congested areas. I shall study more. Does anything happen to under 250g drones in 2023? Do they become legacy A3 only drones then?

Anyway enough of my puzzlement! Any recommendations for the best value place to buy a MM2 Flymore combo in the UK? Cheers!
The Mini2 is sub 250g....

Actually, watch this video. Explains it better than I can ?

As for deals. DJI set the price, so everywhere is gonna be the same.

I bet you got Snow up there at the moment? I am down South in West Sussex and we got loads of open space here so good for flying the mini 2 ??
No snow at the moment, we had a little bit last week which while wasn't deep it stayed around for a fair few days. Very cold though!

We have a park local to us that has a castle in the grounds (a very little one) and the most amazing victorian graveyard and it is all surrounded by woodland so loads of nice places where i could get some footage (and it is 5 mins walk from my house) but just not sure if i should be taking the drone out when we are on our daily walk at the moment.

My husband has family near Lewes (think that might be East Sussex though) but not actually been down myself.

Well i taking mine out with me maybe later today on a walk or tomorrow as the forecast mentions a bit of sunshine!
Yeh maybe i should be brave and take it, we will be walking the dog anyway so not making a special journey to fly it and will keep well out of anyones way.

The Mini2 is sub 250g....

Actually, watch this video. Explains it better than I can ?

As for deals. DJI set the price, so everywhere is gonna be the same.
Yes, you are right about the price: some obscure sites were sub-£500 but not worth the risk. She who must be obeyed was in a (reasonably) good mood, so MM2 Flymore combo ordered from Apple store (I love ❤️ Apple, sadly for the wallet) arriving allegedly tomorrow.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Zombies ?‍♂️....that's coming next ???
The vaccine will be the cause of that.

(I’m joking - just in case. I’m totally sure the vaccine is fine)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78