DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old but new.

Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes. This is the first drone forum that seems overly active and genuinely helpful. I may not be very activate but I'll make sure to do my best to linger around and help and share as much as I can. Thanks again everyone.

I bought this drone refurbished, normally I have nothing but problems but decided to give it a go anyway...turns out I should have just bought new.
Just don't kick yourself too hard yet for not buying a new drone verses a used one. I bought a new Mini 2, but all the 4k videos had a Green Bar running across the bottom and I had to return it. Luckily I bought mine from Costco and their return policy is like, "I'm so sorry that you had this problem, how do you want your refund?"

Actually, I only wanted to exchange it, but they do not do exchanges, they refund the purchase price and if you really wanted a different one, you then go back into the store and buy another. I did buy the Care Refresh from DJI when I activated the first one, so I had to change the drone on the policy. That was also a snap, I scanned the Refund Receipt and the new Purchase Receipt and provided them a photo of the new drones serial number from the box and they emailed me the new policy the next day.

So, like I said earlier, don't beat yourself up, even a new one could be defective. All of the refurbished, used ones sold through DJI or its stores go through the same testing and some bad ones (new and used) will always get through.

Just don't kick yourself too hard yet for not buying a new drone verses a used one. I bought a new Mini 2, but all the 4k videos had a Green Bar running across the bottom and I had to return it. Luckily I bought mine from Costco and their return policy is like, "I'm so sorry that you had this problem, how do you want your refund?"

Actually, I only wanted to exchange it, but they do not do exchanges, they refund the purchase price and if you really wanted a different one, you then go back into the store and buy another. I did buy the Care Refresh from DJI when I activated the first one, so I had to change the drone on the policy. That was also a snap, I scanned the Refund Receipt and the new Purchase Receipt and provided them a photo of the new drones serial number from the box and they emailed me the new policy the next day.

So, like I said earlier, don't beat yourself up, even a new one could be defective. All of the refurbished, used ones sold through DJI or its stores go through the same testing and some bad ones (new and used) will always get through.
I kind of need to beat myself up a little...turns out the issues I was having were of my own making. It's all sorted now and I'm glad it is I really didn't want to send it back. I would like to beat up the company I bought the drone from as they told me my sd card that was in the drone wasn't fast enough and told me to buy another. Thankfully I did need another card for the controller so all in all I'm okay with how it went down.

Thankfully I did need another card for the controller so all in all I'm okay with how it went down.
I've had issues with MicroSD Cards in the past and I did at one time put an old slow card in and it worked, not well, but it did work, not perfectly…

You know when you shoot a photo, the button seems to run a ring around the button as it uploads the photo? Well with a slower card, it takes longer to upload the photo. Meaning that if you could shoot 6 photos in 10-seconds, a slow card means you might only be able to shoot 3 photos in 10-seconds…

These times are just guesses, I've never timed it, but it did shoot slower…

As for shooting video, again, I did not really test it, but on 4k, it seemed to stutter, as if it's dropping frames…

It still worked but not as well. I've posted about this in the past and if you are a mind to, search on "MicroSD", by Member "LoudThunder"

Glad to hear you've worked it all out, now have you named your drone yet? It's a proven fact that folks who name their drones get to keep them longer. The Auto insurance industry researched this decades ago about car owners. Folks who named their cars, took better care of them and had fewer accidents.

I've named mine!

Welcome to the forum! We are also here incase you have further issues. Glad you are loving the Mavic 3 and the quality!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO