DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the fence

I Agree with you on all counts. I’ve been shooting mid and large format photography for years on film (hasselblad 2.25 and 8x10 view cameras). Would like to have the better camera options of the mavic 3, but i think i would like to try FPV.
If you've already got a camera drone that you like, but you don't have an FPV, I'd suggest getting an FPV as your next bird.

Welcome to our forum from Brisbane Australia, and another fellow RC Heli pilot (nowhere near as much experience as you) We look forward to your collaborations within the forum.

Also an avid photographer for 30 odd years, I love landscape photography and I purchased the Mavic 3 for the following reasons;
1. One of the more if not most stable prosumer drone in the sky, have been able to 8 second exposures with pin sharp details, while blurring what I wanted to blur mostly water or cloud movements.
2. Hassleblad sensor with great dynamic range.
3. Flight time, very handy being able to fly so long to stake our spots for sunsets and wait for the right moments.
4. I also got the RC Pro remote so I didn't have to deal with a phone, calls, messages... and I love the additional programable buttons, also for video the controls are much smoother to the stock remote sticks.
5. Is pretty fast if you are trying to chase/follow things, got mine up to 77km/h.
6. Lower landing lights for low light perfect for sunset shots coming back, or turning on so the drone is easier to see, have also used this so others flying nearby can see my drone easier.
7. One of the most comprehensive crash avoidance systems on a drone, so I can fly in woods etc and trust 80% that the drone will warn me about obsticles in all directions.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3