DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

? One Map to Rule them All?

PixelMagic

Reactions
I've been wishing there was one UAV map to rule them all. In particular, I note that AIRMAP appears to be the only map that includes USA Wilderness Areas as prohibited zones. B4UFLY, ALOFT and UASidekick don't offer this information. As a standalone non-UAV specific resource I found this nice Wilderness Areas of the United States map:

Your favorite UAV maps?

Mark
DJI Air 2S

Reactions: Gringorio
Many people have tried to make a single source UAS map showing all the land use drone rules. It's basically impossible. Local rules change way too quickly to maintain accuracy.

This would be a full time job for someone. Probably for more than one person actually.

It would be nice though.

I've been wishing there was one UAV map to rule them all. In particular, I note that AIRMAP appears to be the only map that includes USA Wilderness Areas as prohibited zones. B4UFLY, ALOFT and UASidekick don't offer this information. As a standalone non-UAV specific resource I found this nice Wilderness Areas of the United States map:

Your favorite UAV maps?

Mark
DJI Air 2S
Thanks for posting that. I'd been under the mistaken impression that B4YOURFLY included all wilderness areas. It properly shows all the wilderness areas on the barrier islands in Mississippi and Florida as being off limits, but drops the ball on the wilderness areas inland from the coast. I appreciate the heads-up and the reference.

The wilderness areas on the islands are administered by the National Park Service, while the ones inland are under the U.S. Forest Service. I wonder if B4YOURFLY does better with all NPS areas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird