DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Only download H264 video?

ddodell

Reactions
When trying to download video direct from the Mavic Pro via DJI app, I get the message "Can only download H264 video" .... I have tried setting my video to be saved both a MP4 and MOV and get the same message. Don't see anyplace so change the CODEC.

What am I missing?

Thank you

When trying to download video direct from the Mavic Pro via DJI app, I get the message "Can only download H264 video" .... I have tried setting my video to be saved both a MP4 and MOV and get the same message. Don't see anyplace so change the CODEC.
I can't tell why that message is showing up but you can't change the codec after recording.
Downloading from the drone is always going to be slow and messy.
The fastest and simplest way is to pop the SD card, put it in an adapter and put that into your computer.

Reactions: borzoiboy
I usually download directly from SD card ... and yes, realize you can't change codec after recording.

But I do not find where you can change the codec BEFORE recording so I can change it to H264 for the few times I do want to download video direct from the drone.

Unfortunately I still can't find it ... I can only find the change from MP4 to MOV, but nothing about codecs.

What aircraft do you have?
What resolution are you shooting? Can't import >1080.

Unfortunately I still can't find it ... I can only find the change from MP4 to MOV, but nothing about codecs.
And if you look just a little further down the menu, what do you see?
Is it something like this?
i-gdNcSj5-M.png

I don't get the encoding format on mine ... I'm running the latest iOS version of DJI Go 4 ... see my settings ... I not sure if your on a different version because you icon for the camera is totally different too

IMG_3257.png

I don't get the encoding format on mine ... I'm running the latest iOS version of DJI Go 4 ... see my settings ... I not sure if your on a different version because you icon for the camera is totally different too
Nothing further down the menu and out of sight?
No ... probably not.
If you have the Mavic Pro, it doesn't give you any options and only does H264 encoding.

The message is coming from whatever you are downloading to and the that's where the issue is, not in the Mavic.

U dont have the option to change H264 on mavic pro this is why u do not see it.... only on some other drones like mav pro 2/zoom, p4p etc... so its always at h264 u can only change output to mp4 or mov

Totally understand I don't have that option on MavicPro ... but then why do I get this message when trying to download directly from the drone (usually I pop out the SD card ... but on some occasions I want to download a short video without doing that) ... I get this error about only H264 videos are downloadable ... but if that is default, why can't I download the videos? Screenshot below

IMG_3265.png

Totally understand I don't have that option on MavicPro ... but then why do I get this message when trying to download directly from the drone (usually I pop out the SD card ... but on some occasions I want to download a short video without doing that) ... I get this error about only H264 videos are downloadable ... but if that is default, why can't I download the videos? Screenshot below
It's an issue with whatever you are trying to download the video to, not the Mavic.
Are you shooting 4K video?
Try reducing the resolution and shooting 1080p for a test and see if that makes any difference.

From my trials 1080 MP4 will download to my iPhone X, it gives the same warning but will download. Any higher, 2.7k or 4k will give the message and not download. There must be a change in the codec once it gets to the higher resolution. Hope this is helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78