DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OOP'S, HIT A TREE.

Beet

Reactions
Was a lovely sunny Spring day in southern Australia, so off I went out the paddock for some flying. I have been practising at point of interest type, circle around and keep in focus with the yaw.
Picked a clump of gumtrees about 200 meters out, I thort I was past the trees enough so I started to circle, bang! straight in to the top of the trees, she fell about 15 meters thru the branches to the ground.
One front arm was folded neatly against the body and a few tiny scratches on the skin was all the damage. Changed the battery and she flew perfectly. Tough for it's size, love the Mini.

And where is the video of the crash?

I took my Mavic Mini for a swim. Didn't cancel the RTH in time so it landed in the water. I recovered it, gave it CPR with a dry towel, removed the battery, and left the battery door open. Then set it in front of a fan at room temperature for about 12 hours. Went out for a test flight and everything works great!!! Got lucky. Tough little drone.

Reactions: ff22 and Beet
I took my Mavic Mini for a swim. Didn't cancel the RTH in time so it landed in the water. I recovered it, gave it CPR with a dry towel, removed the battery, and left the battery door open. Then set it in front of a fan at room temperature for about 12 hours. Went out for a test flight and everything works great!!! Got lucky. Tough little drone.
I was so anxious to fly mine with Dronelink, took it out on a very windy day, pressed the play button, up she went straight in to the tree canopy. That didn't stop it. It chopped it's way through for about 20 seconds, bits of leaves were falling down. I thought I had lost it, or at least damaged it, but no, it came out the other side, flew off to do its mission and came back, totally unscathed. Certainly is a tough bird!. (Recorded wind at 24.3 mph)

Reactions: ff22 and Beet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky