DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Optical sensor question

JMC3

Reactions
I was looking at the calibration for the sensors and didn’t realize it was to be used if the sensors needed calibration. Got confused at first using it the thumb sticks needed calibration so I thought the sensors did. Anyway does the controller alert you if the optical sensors are out of sync? I don’t want to muck anything up.

The optical sensors come calibrated at the factory and typically don't need re-calibration unless the device has suffered a significant crash or part replacement. You have to run that calibration procedure via your desktop computer using the DJI Assistant app. It has you hold up the device in various positions while showing a calibration pattern on your computer screen that the sensors read.

Thanks. I can do that. But if it needs calibration will the controller display a warning?

I don't know, as I've never "needed" a calibration. I've done it a couple of times just for fun though, and it doesn't hurt anything as long as you follow the instructions properly.

Thanks. I can do that. But if it needs calibration will the controller display a warning?
I don’t have an Air 2 but on all the other DJI drones I have it will display a warning if the sensors need calibration. There’s a field calibration procedure you can do to get a “good enough” calibration so you can continue flying without needing a computer meant to last just till you ARE able to calibrate it with a computer.

I assume the Air 2 is similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum