DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange County, CA area

Urban Nightscape

I know it's not exactly Orange County, but I posted this as an Orange County drone pilot. I happened to be driving by downtown L.A. on my way back to HB.

los-angeles-skyline2.jpg

#m2p
#mavic2pro

(before the drone police come out in full force, I captured this image legally—proper airspace, proper altitude, proper aircraft lighting, etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: AMann
Urban Nightscape

I know it's not exactly Orange County, but I posted this as an Orange County drone pilot. I happened to be driving by downtown L.A. on my way back to HB.

View attachment 64316

#m2p
#mavic2pro

(before the drone police come out in full force, I captured this image legally—proper airspace, proper altitude, proper aircraft lighting, etc)

Nice! What were the exposure settings? I like the watermarks, too. Its a good idea, I had a company copy one of my pics off the web once and after they erased my name, they used it as a logo image on their commercial website! I was able to show ownership by my original and they settled, but watermarks like yours would have helped, too.

Nice! What were the exposure settings? I like the watermarks, too. Its a good idea, I had a company copy one of my pics off the web once and after they erased my name, they used it as a logo image on their commercial website! I was able to show ownership by my original and they settled, but watermarks like yours would have helped, too.
Thank you! I'll post the exposure settings in the morning.

So, you noticed my second watermark? In addition to my main watermark, I typically add a second subtle (almost invisible) one, too.

Reactions: AMann
Thank you! I'll post the exposure settings in the morning.

So, you noticed my second watermark? In addition to my main watermark, I typically add a second subtle (almost invisible) one, too.

Yeah, the one in the bridge is cool, almost looks like graffiti. Thanks for the exposures- We were out in the Mojave and I shot the moon while flying about the same time as you, too. It was an awesome sight!

Your LA pic doesn’t look like LA, just looks so much better with all those lights!

Reactions: SoCalDude
Historic Place
(miniaturized)

Newland House is an 1898 farmhouse in a midwestern adaptation of a Queen Anne architectural style in Huntington Beach, California, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is one of 123 historic places and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Orange County, California.

newland-house-dji-0500-hdr.jpg

#tiltshift
#mavic2pro
#newlandhouse
#m2p

"Duality"

I shot six sets of five bracketed HDR images (for a total of 30 images), merged them in six HDR images and then stitched them into a panorama.

seaside-village-hb-dji-0535-hdr-pano-2000w.jpg

#m2p
#mavic2pro

"Golf-Eye View"

High above the golf course, you can see snow-capped mountains, Catalina Island, Palos Verdes Peninsula, Saddleback Mountain, and of course, Huntington Beach. Isn't it great to live in Southern California?

View the 360° Panorama here.

360-pano-thumb.jpg

#surfcity #m2p #huntingtonbeach #mavic2pro #hb #meadowlark

Last edited:
Who likes to chase boats? I prefer the Balboa Peninsula, anyone up for it?

View attachment 72081
There's a nice launch area on the Corona del Mar side of the jetty, on a big rock next to the water, hidden from most of the public. Great location to chase boats. I think it's free 2HR parking till May 20th at the burger stand.

If you launch from CDM you risk having your drone confiscated. The Peninsula, while not always easy to find parking, has no restrictions. Crystal Cove State Beach is a no-drone beach

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun