DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange County, CA area

If you launch from CDM you risk having your drone confiscated. The Peninsula, while not always easy to find parking, has no restrictions. Crystal Cove State Beach is a no-drone beach
I flew Crystal Cove 4 months ago, didnt see any signs, and airmap doesn't show nfzs. Are there signs there now?

Spartacus Statue. This is where he was born—Сандански, България (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

I just returned from three weeks in Bulgaria. I also crossed over into Macedonia for a day trip. For years, I've only had one country "footprint" (flag) in the DJI Go app. Now I have three!

spartacus-les.jpg

Last edited:
Border Crossing (from Macedonia to Bulgaria)

I just returned from three weeks in Bulgaria. I also crossed over into Macedonia for a day trip. For years, I've only had one country "footprint" (flag) in the DJI Go app. Now I have three!

border-crossing-img-1377-sm.jpg

Evening Storm - Сандански, България (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

DJI_0088-HDRc-temp.jpg

Last edited:
Sunset - Сандански, България (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

sunset-over-sandanski-2019-05-27-temp.jpg

Last edited:
Smolari Falls - Macedonia

smolari-waterfall-macedonia-temp.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
City of Сандански, България (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

sandanski-evening-2019-05-25-dji-0975-small.jpg

Last edited:
Acropolis - Сандански, България (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

Acropola-dji-0358-hdr-2000w-vig.jpg

Last edited:
Spartacus Statue. This is where he was born—Сандански, Булгариа (Sandanski, Bulgaria)

View attachment 75573
I like it! Too bad you didn't take off your shoes.

SpaceX is a customer of mine, been there several times in Hawthorne, CA. I've actually seen a Falcon rocket on the production floor.

Hi from Palos Verdes, here is the view of the south side of the peninsula after my newbie efforts at post processing

I like it! Too bad you didn't take off your shoes.
I didn't even think about that!
SpaceX is a customer of mine, been there several times in Hawthorne, CA. I've actually seen a Falcon rocket on the production floor.
My daughter did her internship there before graduating college. She used to give me all kinds of SpaceX chotsky/swag.

Where do you launch from for your pier shots? I can't imagine you're launching directly from the pier because it's always a clusterf*** there. Also that'd be violating the don't fly above people rule (taking off and landing).

Where do you launch from for your pier shots? I can't imagine you're launching directly from the pier because it's always a clusterf*** there. Also that'd be violating the don't fly above people rule (taking off and landing).

You can launch from anywhere along the beach or in the parking lots in the area. You can also launch from the pier if no one is around. I prefer not to because I don't want to be bombarded with questions while flying.

Near the pier, I prefer to launch across PCH from the Dairy Queen in the parking lot, next to the lifeguard hqtrs building. I like flying there when fewer people are around toward sunset. Weekdays around 5-6pm in the spring are nice to do this, fewer people, and there's plenty of parking spots. Although it states you have to pay for parking, since I never leave the car, I never pay. I just fly from within the car after I take off (more comfortable that way). If an officer were to show up, I would simply start the car and leave. I can park in another space in a few minutes across the street while the drone hovers in place (I've had to do that a couple times at other locations). But at HB I've never had an officer show up to write parking tickets. I think that's a rarity, especially in the Spring. There's a handy restroom on the bike trail nearby at the sand, about 300' away, in case you need it, but you'd need to leave the car of course, in which case you may want to pay the minimum amount for parking, or go really fast, Hah!

Attachments

• 1564037295698.png
    1564037295698.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys! Does it get easy flying over water? I can't help but think the worst... $1500 goes plop in the ocean. And of course DJI Refresh won't cover it, unless you recover the drone (somehow).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan