DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering from DJI directly is a NIGHTMARE!

Edslittleworld

Reactions
Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly. It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA. It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps. It doesn't even matter the dollar value...including propellers or even a $5 OTG cable. So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.

Plus, customer service is a joke. I received a call from a chinese woman and she just couldn't understand why I could not be available to sign for the package. I told her that I have to WORK like everyone else. She must think all Americans are millionaires and live a life of leisure at home.

Reactions: ID77 and Pvitale
You are so right I'm experiencing the exact same thing here in Arizona. Delivered to my house twice and now I have to try and pick them up. Major pain for a $20 set of props.

You are so right I'm experiencing the exact same thing here in Arizona. Delivered to my house twice and now I have to try and pick them up. Major pain for a $20 set of props.

You better check. My package of propellers is not eligible for pickup. I wonder if it's an Arizona thing.

Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly. It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA. It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps. It doesn't even matter the dollar value...including propellers or even a $5 OTG cable. So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.

Plus, customer service is a joke. I received a call from a chinese woman and she just couldn't understand why I could not be available to sign for the package. I told her that I have to WORK like everyone else. She must think all Americans are millionaires and live a life of leisure at home.

That makes no sense. I think the guy at FedEx gave you some bad info. I'd wait for the package to be delivered & then contact your local FedEx about holding the package.

That makes no sense. I think the guy at FedEx gave you some bad info. I'd wait for the package to be delivered & then contact your local FedEx about holding the package.

It doesn't make any sense, but it's the truth. I received my first notice of failed delivery, today. So, I called FedEx customer service. Both the recording and TWO reps mentioned this package is not eligible for customer pickup. So, I just told FedEx to return the package.

I've always been able to sign the yellow slip so that they can leave it at my door the following day.

Nope, guys...doesn't work that way for some shipments. Direct from China is signature of an actual resident (only) and now, you can't even pick up the product at a FedEx location. Here is the receipt (I didn't underline that clause, either.)

FedEx Slip.jpg

FedEx left my package of props from DJI without a signature. The Email from DJI said that I had to sign for them. I came home and they were sitting at my door.
try going to the FedEX website and sign for it there. I did this months ago for another package. Since then I have not had to sign. I do no t know why. Either that or the FedEx guy forged my signature so he would not have to return.

FedEx left my package of props from DJI without a signature. The Email from DJI said that I had to sign for them. I came home and they were sitting at my door.
try going to the FedEX website and sign for it there. I did this months ago for another package. Since then I have not had to sign. I do no t know why. Either that or the FedEx guy forged my signature so he would not have to return.

I tried that...no joy. When I contacted FedEx last time and got the same answer...I just told them to return to sender. I had to do the same thing with a $5 (including shipping!) cable. You wonder why FedEx would suffer thru this kind of delivery practice for literally a dollar or two.

The only way I got the attention of DJI last time was to give them one-star on their Amazon reviews. With direct purchase thru DJI, I have little recourse...except thru my CC.

I tried that...no joy. When I contacted FedEx last time and got the same answer...I just told them to return to sender. I had to do the same thing with a $5 (including shipping!) cable. You wonder why FedEx would suffer thru this kind of delivery practice for literally a dollar or two.

The only way I got the attention of DJI last time was to give them one-star on their Amazon reviews. With direct purchase thru DJI, I have little recourse...except thru my CC.

I've been through this BS with DJI with two, finally refused and returned orders. Last time I created a second address in my account for my work address,shipped and signed for it there. Stupid to have to do this for an $8 cable but it worked.

You should be able to sign online and have the package left at your home. Or have it help at location. I’ve done both with direct purchases from DJI. It’s weird that it seems inconsistent.

It doesn't make any sense, but it's the truth. I received my first notice of failed delivery, today. So, I called FedEx customer service. Both the recording and TWO reps mentioned this package is not eligible for customer pickup. So, I just told FedEx to return the package.
Sounds like a Fedex problem. I can usually leave my signature on the door and they'll leave the package.

No they won't deliver if you just sign and leave it at your door. But I was able to pick up a package earlier this summer at the FedEx center. Maybe that doesn't even work any more. It is just too much hassle so I won't be doing it anymore.

I just had a Mavic delivered last week and I left a not asking if they would go to a neighbor for a signature and they did. No problems. But I was kinda ticked it was sent requiring a signature. Even more so when nothing as part of the order process told you that.

Who would tell any shipping company to forgo a signature and leave $1000 item at the door. Sorry, to me, even considering doing that is crazy.

My FedEx guy asked if I wanted him to just leave the stuff if I wasn't home. We live in the sticks and have a ridiculously long driveway. No one ever comes near our property. I told him that it would be awesome if he could just leave packages for me. On top of that, the FedEx hub is only 4 miles from my house and missed deliveries are available for same day pickup, so it wouldn't even be that bad if he didn't leave my packages for me.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Who would tell any shipping company to forgo a signature and leave $1000 item at the door. Sorry, to me, even considering doing that is crazy.

I don't mind signing for a $1000 Mavic, but I do mind signing for a $20 order of props or whatever.

My Mavic Pro was delivered directly from DJI in China to my UPS Store address (Alaska) without any problems a year ago December. It was signed for by the normal desk folks there. And I just got my new props - also direct from DJI - the same way this week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard