DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original magic pro battery

jimmyboards

Reactions
So.... admittedly, I bought a magic pro back in 2017, and never flew it.

After a failed flight a few months after owning I packed it away and haven’t used it since. More money then brains at the time I guess.

Anyway, I’ve started flying again, just basic flights since it’s barely been used over the years.

I have 3 batteries, all have about 4-5 charges in their life time. They were stored at 45-50%. But obviously weren’t turned over regularly.

Over the past few days of monitoring, I’ve noticed that when I’m watching my batteries, I’m getting around 10.5-11.2 volts while motors are under load (flying) (not hovering or grounded) during this time each individual cell is also either red or yellow, (green whilst stationary, and averaging about 11.8-12.1 volts) is this normal? I can’t remember... I’m obviously well aware these batteries are old and haven’t been used much at all.

A faulty battery is the last thing I want/need, but also don’t want to go out and replace if this is normal.

Thanks for your time.

Just ask the question - Which is cheaper - New batteries or new drone? - If in doubt, stay close!!

Even so I must admit to not knowing the actual flight voltage on my similar model to yours - Have had a dream run so far - more than 3 years, many hundreds of hours...
Huge enjoyment!

So.... admittedly, I bought a magic pro back in 2017, and never flew it.

After a failed flight a few months after owning I packed it away and haven’t used it since. More money then brains at the time I guess.

Anyway, I’ve started flying again, just basic flights since it’s barely been used over the years.

I have 3 batteries, all have about 4-5 charges in their life time. They were stored at 45-50%. But obviously weren’t turned over regularly.

Over the past few days of monitoring, I’ve noticed that when I’m watching my batteries, I’m getting around 10.5-11.2 volts while motors are under load (flying) (not hovering or grounded) during this time each individual cell is also either red or yellow, (green whilst stationary, and averaging about 11.8-12.1 volts) is this normal? I can’t remember... I’m obviously well aware these batteries are old and haven’t been used much at all.

A faulty battery is the last thing I want/need, but also don’t want to go out and replace if this is normal.

Thanks for your time.
It is a fact the voltage will drop under load.

If you subscribe to AirData (www.airdata.com), you will see charts that are a wealth of information about each battery you own, and details about each flight.
I'll second that. There are other battery charts that will show loss of capacity over time.
When my batteries went bad I sen the charts to DJI and got 600.00 worth of new batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan