DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Hobbyist Drone Alternative to Remote ID: VLOS ID

Yep, put them up in airspace with a higher concentration of manned aircraft and see how well that floats with Air Transport and General Aviation. This bull dozing of small business and recreational flying is not cricket as my friends across the pond would say.

Heck, they won't the air space between 200-400 all to themselves.

The company’s aeronautics experts propose that a 200ft slab of air – located between 200ft and 400ft from the ground – should be segregated and reserved for state-of-the-art drones equipped with sophisticated communications and sensing equipment and flying at high speeds of 60 knots or more.

Heck, they won't the air space between 200-400 all to themselves.

The company’s aeronautics experts propose that a 200ft slab of air – located between 200ft and 400ft from the ground – should be segregated and reserved for state-of-the-art drones equipped with sophisticated communications and sensing equipment and flying at high speeds of 60 knots or more.

That is what Amazon would like and Sen. Mike Lee wants flights below 200’ banned for privacy reasons and would Class them as trespass. Leaves a lot of space to fly in. Just add wheels and keep the sucker on the ground.

Reactions: xspwhite
That is what Amazon would like and Sen. Mike Lee wants flights below 200’ banned for privacy reasons and would Class them as trespass. Leaves a lot of space to fly in. Just add wheels and keep the sucker on the ground.

You guys are just so pessimistic - it almost seems like you want the worst possible outcome to happen. And when the current proposal isn't bad enough, you invent even worse scenarios as if they were inevitable. But it never happens. Surely history teaches you that.

You guys are just so pessimistic - it almost seems like you want the worst possible outcome to happen. And when the current proposal isn't bad enough, you invent even worse scenarios as if they were inevitable. But it never happens. Surely history teaches you that.
I am pessimistic about all of this because my current equipment would only qualify to fly at a FRIA and photo ops at a FRIA are zilch, zero, nada! I do not have the monetary resources to change out my equipment every time big business and their FAA bedmates decide to change the rules of the game. This is not about protecting the airspace for manned aviation, but a takeover of airspace by big business. Protection of important infrastructure can be accomplished with anti drone technology without implementing this RID USS network.

At present I am a law abiding and responsible recreational pilot that respects the rules we presently have in place. I am all for knowledge testing all sUAS pilots so the regulations are more likely to be followed. I don’t make money using my drone and I don’t want it to become a Christmas decoration to adorn the top of our tree just so Amazon can fly without a care in the airspace I am presently allowed to use.

So yes, I guess you can say I am very pessimistic about these proposed rules in the NPRM. Especially since these are just the first set of changes and when BVLOS and higher speed flight starts being allowed the rules will get even tighter and more expensive to stay legal.

BTW, getting back to the original post in this thread. One thing I do not agree with is us staying below 200’ AGL. The 400’ AGL we have now can be restrictive in some instances. There is a lot more room above 400’ AGL than below it for big business to push and bully their way into the airspace.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580