DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of balance propellers? PP propellers, yes, MP no

serpa4

Reactions
I've been getting gimbal vibration errors. I swapped to new propellers on my MPP. Still there, but intermittent, strange.
I can physically see the gimbal and MP vibrating in a hover. I mixed and matched with some success, but not permanent.
I went to best buy and bought 4 standard propellers for my MPP and swapped them in. Bingo, never a single vibration again for the past 4 weeks. With the MPP propellers on my MPP, I often get gimbal shake errors. Sometimes enough to make the video freeze and stop sending it back mid flight! Thank God for RTH button. Sometimes I've been flying for a few seconds only to realize my image isn't changing and makes me wonder how long I flew with a frozen image! When you're up high, sometimes you don't notice how slow the images changes.

Anyone else have MPP propeller issues? Definitely were DJI props from DJI, not ebay, amazon specials.

There are other threads where people with Mavic Pro have tried new style props and had vibrations.
I've seen it myself, but the solution seems to be an aggressive up movement to spin them faster.
Most likely the slower spinning is only just enough to make them flick out straight enough, especially when new and slightly stiff.

There are other threads where people with Mavic Pro have tried new style props and had vibrations.
I've seen it myself, but the solution seems to be an aggressive up movement to spin them faster.
Most likely the slower spinning is only just enough to make them flick out straight enough, especially when new and slightly stiff.

+1 you need to fly them around aggressively under load and then they seem to bed in it seems, vibration has disappeared on mine after doing this.

O...I do fly aggressively. Its definitely not a matter of swinging them out properly. It not a spin up issue either as it does it in flight. Mine is a MP platinum, so I'm not adding the props to a MP. I'll try balancing them somehow.

You did not mention if you are using real OEM DJI props. It is hard to recognize them when buying them. So many ads look official but are not. There is another thread about how the copies really do not carry the same quality and fly characteristics.

Mine have all been ordered directly from DJI thanks though.

I've been getting gimbal vibration errors. I swapped to new propellers on my MPP. Still there, but intermittent, strange.
I can physically see the gimbal and MP vibrating in a hover. I mixed and matched with some success, but not permanent.
I went to best buy and bought 4 standard propellers for my MPP and swapped them in. Bingo, never a single vibration again for the past 4 weeks. With the MPP propellers on my MPP, I often get gimbal shake errors. Sometimes enough to make the video freeze and stop sending it back mid flight! Thank God for RTH button. Sometimes I've been flying for a few seconds only to realize my image isn't changing and makes me wonder how long I flew with a frozen image! When you're up high, sometimes you don't notice how slow the images changes.

Anyone else have MPP propeller issues? Definitely were DJI props from DJI, not ebay, amazon specials.

Yes, I have this exact issue with my Mavic pro platinum. My solution is to take off and let the bird hover for 15 seconds. The gimbal vibrates, but you can see it calm down after a few seconds. Once this is done, it is fine the rest of the flight.

I've tried adding new props (original DJI) and it still does it. Now, I will say that this only occurs in below freezing weather. I think it has something to do with the heavy air and the thin MPP props.

Mine doesn't go away when it happens. It shows a gimbal shake error, I can see it in the camera and the video feed when hovering. When I fly it anyways often the camera freezes the video feed and I have to use RTH to get back since I cannot see.

Mine doesn't go away when it happens. It shows a gimbal shake error, I can see it in the camera and the video feed when hovering. When I fly it anyways often the camera freezes the video feed and I have to use RTH to get back since I cannot see.
When I first got my mavic last April I ran into this and for some reason the setting for the props in a cage where set in the software once that was taken off it was all good

Any updates on this one? my issue has subsided a bit as the temperature as warmed. Though even at 50 degrees F it still does it sometimes (it is minor though compared to when it was below freezing).

Also, keep in mind the gimbal only vibrates immediately after takeoff and then subsides after about 10 seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky