DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Outraged - Critical mid-flight DJI Go4 Crash

Numbers aside, you could argue the same thing for private fixed wing pilots. Thousands of commercial aircraft fly in the midst of private pilots everyday.

Granted, the number of drones and the fact that for the hobbyist, there is no school..just rules, I get that.

But I doubt they will lock up all the airspace and the companies like Amazon that are pushing for this , are not going to set up flight hubs in the middle of no where so Aunt edna can get her foot creme. These type of operations you mention are going to need to be in a place where the sales off set the cost. This means large cities.

Also, I would not want hobbyists flying BVLOS. It should be reserved for law enforcement, search and rescue, and business that can articulate why they need it.
Didn't indicate where or what level, and I'd agree it will be focused in large cities. Although, once enacted by FAA, the rules stand regardless of locality and if it even exists at the location.

There's no question they want to reduce the air space for the hobbyist and small PT107. They've been pushing that agenda for the last few years.... and basically creating reasons... example: the UK Airport ordeal turned out to be bogus but it left negative impact to the voting community.

They've been wanting to pass authority over to LEO's for sometime, laws have to changed to allow it and they are being amended.

I'm not squeezing the horn from glee or anxiousness, just looking at the realities that aren't too positive... and hoping for a different direction, but the last few months and recent congressional votes have indicated it's being formulated. I had planned my retirement career and funds on the sUAV industry... that may be challenging in more ways than desired.

Another reason why I dont think what you are saying will happen, is that the FAA is currently reviewing changes in the requirements to fly over people. Right now there is a proposal for three different drone requirements to do so...two that I remember are

1 is that any drone under .55 lbs can fly over people no matter how it is designed.

2. Any drone over .55 lbs can fly over people as long as it does not have any exposed rotating parts

I just feel like the FAA is not trying to cut anyone out

Another reason why I dont think what you are saying will happen, is that the FAA is currently reviewing changes in the requirements to fly over people. Right now there is a proposal for three different drone requirements to do so...two that I remember are

1 is that any drone under .55 lbs can fly over people no matter how it is designed.

2. Any drone over .55 lbs can fly over people as long as it does not have any exposed rotating parts

I just feel like the FAA is not trying to cut anyone out
Not trying to be the bad news bear... but hang on, you'll soon see the FAA and Govt isn't focused on being the individual drone owner's friend.

It's formulating and so far the components passed to be written into regs aren't positive to individuals.

But, we'll plug & hover along and see what developes.

Not trying to be the bad news bear... but hang on, you'll soon see the FAA and Govt isn't focused on being the individual drone owner's friend.

It's formulating and so far the components passed to be written into regs aren't positive to individuals.

But, we'll plug & hover along and see what developes.
Lol... not good news to me, I have a very large investment in sUAV that makes a Mavic 2 an insignificant cost.

Those are nice for the price, but don’t outperform the Tab S4.
Perhaps there's something else that the S4 does better but when it comes to the DJI Go4 app, it wouldn't be possible to run it any better than the Huawei M3 or M5 do.
I've been flying them for 1.5 years now and they run the app flawlessly.

The Huawei tablets generally run Go4 well. There is a minor issue with their aggressive battery saving closing it but you can set an exemption and all is fine.
Huawei generally butcher the OS and preinstall a lot less crapware than Samsung cram onto their devices. This alone means its more likely to be compatible as its closer to actual Android (Samsung "android" is anything but that).

The OP is still ridiculous. OK so the app crashed. Then just fly it back visually. Because after all, you ARE within visual line of sight as the law says.......
A crashing app in no way affects your ability to fly or recover the drone. It's an annoyance for sure but its not a critical failure or a problem where potentially you'll lose it.

sorry must say I have a Huawei M5 and the a iPad mini 5 and the iPad mini 5 blows the Huawei M5 away
Ios is way more responsive doesn't keep getting pop ups about usb we don't need this charging pop every time we are trying to fly. even MAVIC 2 battery last longer on iPad because we can get it off the ground and in the air a lot quicker (just my point of view)

sorry must say I have a Huawei M5 and the a iPad mini 5 and the iPad mini 5 blows the Huawei M5 away
Ios is way more responsive doesn't keep getting pop ups about usb we don't need this charging pop every time we are trying to fly. even MAVIC 2 battery last longer on iPad because we can get it off the ground and in the air a lot quicker (just my point of view)
I'm not sure what you are describing.
What's way more responsive?
Popups?
After four years of professional flying, I'm a very demanding customer.
I don't see anything that you could complain about with my Huawei tablets.

Popups?
Popups?
so you don't get a pop up asking about charging on M5 because you clicked always ok now what if you wanted to fly your Drone with another App like Litchi you will get that pop up. all I'm saying is you get none of that crap on iOS

So you get a popup once on first use of a new app and never again. Thats not exactly a hardship.

You don't get that "crap" on android either.

Reactions: Meta4
Perhaps there's something else that the S4 does better but when it comes to the DJI Go4 app, it wouldn't be possible to run it any better than the Huawei M3 or M5 do.
I've been flying them for 1.5 years now and they run the app flawlessly.
Then that makes the M3 or M5 a great tablet for you! Which is a super priced solution.

My situation, I like / need a larger screen size. I like the 10" iPad Pro and an Android of similar size & performance is the TabS4.

My msg on thread was iPad (assumption 10") equivilent Android, and that's currently limited to TabS4.

The 10" is a great size for 3rd party mapping apps or autonomous apps.

If the 8" meets your needs, the performance of the M3 and M5 run DJI Go4.

My msg on thread was iPad (assumption 10") equivilent Android, and that's currently limited to TabS4.
Or ....

The mini iPad 5 is a faster CPU and newer hardware, small step up from mini ipad4. Comparing M5 to iPad Mini5 isn't the same hardware performance caragory.

Lag is a indication of loaded apps or hardware limitations, not the OS.

But that doesn't state anything better about iOS vs Android. The TabS4 runs where my iPad Pro indicates too cold, and runs when iPad Pro turns off due to excessive heat on hot Sunny days. These aren't new events, well discussed by many Flyers on Inspire site... many put their iPad in cooler prior to using on Hot Sunny day to prevent lockup.

But within their parameters, they both perform great!

Or ....
Again, if you like it and it meets your needs, great! Nice priced unit. I actually took a serious look at that one searching for a android 10 tablet. In reviews and performance scores, it didn't come close to TabS4.

Comparing performance, screen quality, and other main points that one doesn't compete with iPad Pro or TabS4.

Personally, in that price category, I'd go a little more and gain the performance, trim bezel and excellent screen of the TabS4. I get it, not a supporter of various brands... I'm not brand focused. If ABC brought out a super tablet that outperformed S4 in all manor I'd buy it. I go with performance, screen size, physical size & thickness. The new TabS5e isn't up to the S4 either... great unit for the lower price. The S5 will be even better than the S4.

Again, if you like it and it meets your needs, great! Nice priced unit. I actually took a serious look at that one searching for a android 10 tablet. In reviews and performance scores, it didn't come close to TabS4.
Each year newer machines come out with faster processors.
That something gets higher benchmark scores in a review might be of interest but doesn't necessarily make much difference in real world use.
I'd be interested to know how the S4 can run DJI Go 4 any better than something that already runs it perfectly?

Each year newer machines come out with faster processors.
That something gets higher benchmark scores in a review might be of interest but doesn't necessarily make much difference in real world use.
I'd be interested to know how the S4 can run DJI Go 4 any better than something that already runs it perfectly?
DJIGo4 isn't the most demanding app, several mapping, autonomous or 3D tools require higher performance.

Your "perfect" tablet is great for your needs. I may desire a bit more in performance. When the discussion was iPad vs Android, I was placing equivilent hardware in comparison for more of a Apples to Apples.

Enjoy the M5, nice tablet

again doesn't really mater about speed of phone or tablet the thing I don't like is we already get mass of pop ups on the app so I don't want open the app only to be greeted with a pop up that asks use usb to transfer photos or transfer files or charge only when for a fact what ever you click its friggen back to charge only thats the prob with Android

when for a fact what ever you click its friggen back to charge only thats the prob with Android
That might be an issue with your Android device but it's not with at least some other Android devices.
I've used four different tablets and not encountered that.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
That might be an issue with your Android device but it's not with at least some other Android devices.
I've used four different tablets and not encountered that.
I'd agree... I use both. I recall the Android prompting once on USB usage question, responded and changed the value going forward... No more pop-ups. There should be a setting to provide default response or turn-off.

On a similar note, don't recall which RC controller (several platforms), on both devices can be an attempt to use the RC controller as a "power pak" to charge. On a cold day, that can drag a RC controller down quickly. On the Android, it's able to turn that function off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys