DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Override 500 m altitude restriction around an airport

lomposlapos

Reactions
I am on an tiny Pacific island with an airport that has once a week scheduled commercial flight in and out.

How can I go above the 500m altitude limit (Mavic 3) on days/times when there are zero air traffic? is this eligible for self-unlock or whatever it is called?

What country's aviation authority has control of the airspace? Depending on who that is, you may need their permission first.

is this eligible for self-unlock or whatever it is called?
We're discussing the process to request an unlock in this thread:

I am on an tiny Pacific island with an airport that has once a week scheduled commercial flight in and out.

How can I go above the 500m altitude limit (Mavic 3) on days/times when there are zero air traffic? is this eligible for self-unlock or whatever it is called?
I assume you meant 500 feet and not meters as that would be 1,640 feet. I fly quite often fly near the airport where I live and I first make the request to NavCan and then to the city for approval first. Once I have those approvals I send these to DJI and they unlock that zone for a certain number of days, but it is a custom unlock not a self unlock. Usually airports like you to keep your ceiling below the 400 foot maximum, especially if you are operating near a runway.

DJI answer:

The self-unlock does not support unlocking the 500m altitude limit.

To unlock the 500m altitude limit for your aircraft, please kindly visit this link and submit a Custom-Unlocking request:
DJI FlySafe. Our audit department will review the request in 1 hour at any time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_