DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owners of both the Air 2 and Mini 2 - dynamic range and detail resolution differences?

Reactions
I'm considering getting the Mini 2 to replace my Air 2 for international traveling because the Mini 2 will have less hassle with authorities than the larger Air 2.

When you shoot between the two, does the Mini 2 have noticeably worse dynamic range and less fine detail in photos and video? One thing I do all the time is shoot 360 panoramas at sunset, and the Air 2 actually manages to capture roughly the entire dynamic range of the entire scene between the sun and backlit areas.

I'm considering getting the Mini 2 to replace my Air 2 for international traveling because the Mini 2 will have less hassle with authorities than the larger Air 2.

When you shoot between the two, does the Mini 2 have noticeably worse dynamic range and less fine detail in photos and video? One thing I do all the time is shoot 360 panoramas at sunset, and the Air 2 actually manages to capture roughly the entire dynamic range of the entire scene between the sun and backlit areas.
There is very little difference between these two in video quality until you get to the Air 2S than it is very noticeable.

Gear to fly in the Rain.
Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Faster and db4476
Wait for the Mini 3 to release before making a decision. Mini 3 should have the right combination of larger camera and small size that you are looking for. It should be released within the next couple of months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54