DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

P Mode

MyMateDave

Reactions
Hi, I have a quick question about something strange I have noticed.

I have about 3 hours of flight time and I have noticed the notification flash up a few times on my screen that the drone is switching into P-Mode when I am already in P-Mode.

I haven't tried to switch it into any other mode prior to the message flash up, I tend to leave it in P-mode most of the time while I am learning.

My only theory is that the controllers switch isn't fully engaged in the position for P-mode when I start to fly, everything else indicates that I am but I'm not really sure what could cause this.

Any ideas

Dan

I have had this a number of times. Normally after a "sensors not active due to angle" message. NO effect on aircraft as far as I can tell.

I have had this a number of times. Normally after a "sensors not active due to angle" message. NO effect on aircraft as far as I can tell.

The last instance was after about a minute after take off, a very gentle take off at that.

I will keep an eye on it hopefully its nothing to worry about

Dan

Last edited:
When the aircraft momentarily lost enough GPS satellites, it goes into ATTI mode (the state where it is using its internal sensor that are available without GPS). The idea here is you need to pay attention closer as the aircraft is not as stable when flying in ATTI. Once it regains the number of GPS satellites , it goes back into P (position) mode. Many times it happens very fast, goes into ATTI and then back to P, by the time you look at the controller you are back in P mode.

I always make sure i have plenty of satellites before making any flight, unless it drops for a split second in flight (which i have never seen it do).

Is it possible for the aitcraft just to lose GPS that quickly and back again ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman